Group Accommodation Listing Site.

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
jellybean

Group Accommodation Listing Site.

Post by jellybean »

Hi all..new to the forums..

I am looking to increase bookings, having taken over some cottages that were only rented out as a side business, bookings were there, but rates were very low, hence why they had bookings...as a main income, there is no way I could keep to those rates! They were ridiculously low and I can't see where they ever made any money!

I have 3 in total on the same grounds, so although I have kept with the rental sites that they were originally on as they are good for the area, I have registered with some others where they don't take commission. Homeaway I am on, but they really do not seem very good...I can't even see my listing on the map now, but can when I use a website that I came across the other day which is one of its sister or filter sites.

However, I was wondering if anyone had/has/is using Group Accommodation.com..they appear very helpful, but no knowledge of actual booking rates as they only deal with sending enquiries through...I was given some figures as regards views/enquiries for a couple of properties in my area, but it would be useful to actually gauge whether worthwhile as the listing price is very high.

We're in a good location for various activities which is something that I rave about in my ads!

Any experience of them would be appreciated. Thank you
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Hi Jellybean, I subscribed to Group Accommodation early February, I've had one enquiry for dates already booked.... not impressed so far. :(
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Groups split over more than one property in the same location are usually a hell of a lot of extra work, even more so if their only connection is attending some function such as a wedding. The chances of the lead booker overseeing and taking responsibility for the whole group are slim.
You’d be surprised how long it can take to get everything back into its correct property, particularly when working against the clock.

It may not be a market that you want...
Annew

Post by Annew »

I'm a fan of Group Acc - been with them over 2 years and they now account for about 20% of my bookings. However, I can sleep 22 plus babies, so probably we mutually fit each other. Additionally, I take short breaks and weekends all year round (2 nights upwards) and I think that may help.
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Annew wrote:I'm a fan of Group Acc - been with them over 2 years and they now account for about 20% of my bookings.
Yes it was your fault I joined them Anne! :lol:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Annew

Post by Annew »

KathyG wrote:
Annew wrote:I'm a fan of Group Acc - been with them over 2 years and they now account for about 20% of my bookings.
Yes it was your fault I joined them Anne! :lol:
Just shows - you should never listen to me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!