Listing Sites Obliged to report your earnings to Tax Office.

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
cleanforum

Listing Sites Obliged to report your earnings to Tax Office.

Post by cleanforum »

I have probably missed this discussion on LMH, anyway for those who it may interest;

I imagine that most owners here will be aware of the tightening of the tax net here in Spain for tourist rentals. We ourselves are fully legal and have been declaring for years so I have not paid much attention to the laws and especially changes relating to Holiday listing sites. After a discussion with my Spanish accountant today and a cursory search on the internet I found this article which seems to expain fairly clearly the changes which have (are being)been made to Spanish law to make it very difficult for owners to not declare fully all rental income to the Hacienda.

http://www.surinenglish.com/local/20180 ... 121-v.html

This seems to be a very significant change to the rental landscape here in Spain as the listing sites will now be forced to provide earnings information directly to the Tax Office (Hacienda).
Giuliano

Post by Giuliano »

A similar situation occurs in Italy, where listing sites which also manage payments must keep 21% of the rental fee and give it directly to the taxman on behalf of the owner...
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Giuliano wrote:A similar situation occurs in Italy, where listing sites which also manage payments must keep 21% of the rental fee and give it directly to the taxman on behalf of the owner...
Might this be related to the charging and collection of Italy's VAT? However the standard rate for VAT in Italy is 22%, so maybe not.
Giuliano

Post by Giuliano »

AndrewH wrote:
Giuliano wrote:A similar situation occurs in Italy, where listing sites which also manage payments must keep 21% of the rental fee and give it directly to the taxman on behalf of the owner...
Might this be related to the charging and collection of Italy's VAT? However the standard rate for VAT in Italy is 22%, so maybe not.
no, 21% is the flat tax rate for rentals...