Photography request

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
newtimber

Photography request

Post by newtimber »

I received this email that actually looks quite genuine and passed all the SPAM filters.
Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for a wonderful time we had at your property this summer, I was invited by a group of friends to stay a couple of days with them at your beautiful home. I am a professional photographer working for a lifestyle magazine called Houses and I took the permission to take a couple of pictures. I would kindly like to ask for your permission to publish them in our magazine and I have attached them in the following Dropbox folder for you to view them. Also it would be much appreciate if you can forward your mobile phone number so I would publish it also in the magazine.
Needless to say the link goes to a fake site that asks you to login with your email details so they can link your account to Dropbox...
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Run your virus checker now. Anything with Dropbox that comes to you can carry and release nasty viruses if you click on the link
Annew

Post by Annew »

I've just received the same email from Terry Martins - extremely convincing just for a split second!
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Perran

Post by Perran »

Just received this email too. Thanks for posting the email, I thought it wasn't quite right now I am certain.
A Perran
Goscar

Post by Goscar »

+1