registering guests at the Guadia Civil

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
VWickham

registering guests at the Guadia Civil

Post by VWickham »

Hi,
I am just about to go to the Guadia to get a password etc so that I can register guests at our apartments. But I have a question we are looking after another property which we will need to sort the same thing out for will I have to get another password etc for them or will I be able to do it all under my access that I am given .

Thanks
CSE

Post by CSE »

Welcome to the forum.
Our experience is you log into the page which is associated with that property. We do not own multiple properties. But we certainly cannot change anything only in put data.
You could ask the question with the GC.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
joddle

Post by joddle »

Today I learn from my villa manager that she has been told she now had to visit in person each set of visitors to our property and gain their passport and other personal details that way - then get the guests to sign an app on her phone stating the details are correct!

We have always collected passport details rom our guests and in the past she has given these to the local police as required here in the Valencia Community and that has always been OK - when did things change? Also is taking such information on a phone even going to be legal after 25 May when the new EU data protection laws come into effect! Looking at the security requirements it seems highly unlikely.

Also this poses another EU question - EU citizens are supposed to have freedom of movement throughout the community - does not this action also impinge on that? Of course that's more debatable but their movement is no longer "free" if they are obliged to produce travel documents for non cross-border issues such as tourism!

So far the local legal eagles and Gestors don't seem to have a clue! -
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Also this poses another EU question - EU citizens are supposed to have freedom of movement throughout the community - does not this action also impinge on that? Of course that's more debatable but their movement is no longer "free" if they are obliged to produce travel documents for non cross-border issues such as tourism!
What has giving your ID details got to do with freedom of movement? How does this stop a person moving around Europe?????

And this app that your manager is using does it comply with regulations on obtaining and storing personal details?
viewtopic.php?t=28433
joddle

Post by joddle »

casasantoestevo wrote: And this app that your manager is using does it comply with regulations on obtaining and storing personal details?
That's really my main point - it was given to her by the local police - but is it compliant? who knows.

Its going to be a load of extra work as if she will have to visit every time a guest arrives to get the data then no doubt will bill us for that!

It seems impossible to find out exactly what is actually required and the options for supplying it. I can't believe everyone has to use an app on a phone!!!! There surely must be alternatives!
CSE

Post by CSE »

joddle

Post by joddle »

casasantoestevo wrote:Local Police or Guardia Civil? there is a difference.
Guardia Civil - should have made that clear - too used to using English terminology :)
joddle

Post by joddle »

Having spoken to our local manager - she says the app was endorsed by the Javea Guadia Civil and who confirmed to her she or one of her staff must make a personal appearance at the property to collect and have verified the passport information within 24 hours of their arrival - it as indicated to her that failure to do so could result in 40,000e fine!

What I want to know is what are the options or alternatives for recording and supplying the required information - The GC Javea seem to be saying it must be done on the app! - but are there not other options?

I really would like to see a proper description of exactly what is required.

The data protection aspect is a whole new ballgame and I am already asking guests to agree to me passing on their contact details to our manager so she can collect the required data to send on to the GC!

Someone on another thread indicated it is possible to submit details on line! does anyone know more about this?
CSE

Post by CSE »

we have always done it on line...well first few years details were sent by Fax. You have to get a password. How you go about that I do not know. Ours was given to us on a visit by the GC.
joddle

Post by joddle »

Thanks Casasantoestevo - interesting - I now discover that the app was sent to my manager and is from www.checkinscan.com/en/ - it seems they are pushing hard to get it used by as much as possible as they collect a fee for each guest booking!! Their site also goes to length to remind you of the penalties for not complying. The Javea GC say its OK to use it - and perhaps its better for them but neither the company nor the GC say what the alternatives are. I suspect registering on line is in reality an option but can find no information about it for Javea. But this is Spain!!!