App for scanning and sending guest details to Guardia Civil

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
cleanforum

App for scanning and sending guest details to Guardia Civil

Post by cleanforum »

Ok so I have not tried this but I had a call from a company who have developed an app to help us (registered) owners send guest details to the Guardia at check-in.

Each session cost .5 euro.

Seemed like a good idea so I thought I would pass it on;

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... heckinscan
CSE

Post by CSE »

Interesting idea. However, it does not cover every thing the GC require does it? We have to supply a number of other bits of information. Plus we do not have to accept just an ID or Passport there are a few other options.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Perhaps they are just targetting Andalucia then, I don't recall if our rules are different to yours? we have to have travel ID info, plus a paper copy at the premises in case of a guardia inspection...maybe useful for folks with a few units
CSE

Post by CSE »

We have to supply country, birth date, male or female, Date of issue for the ID used, We can accept other forms of ID other than ID cars or Passport, Serial number of ID, date and signature. For all guests over the age of 16.
And one last thing a dated signature.
All information has to be kept for 5 years.
One hopes that these entrepreneurs have done their legal homework.
It looks an ideal solution, great find by you. Hope other can use it too.
CSE

Post by CSE »

I have just posted this about a new EU law regarding data protection.

viewtopic.php?t=28433

Reading the website for this app and the FAQ. It states "
What about data privacy?
We comply with current data privacy legislations and technically we make every effort to ensure your data is safe. We don´t keep data unnecessarily either, if you cancel your account, we remove all of your account data. We also clean our server on a nightly basis to ensure that any unneeded documents are removed.
How safe is the data really?
Any sensitive data, including guest personal details as well as any login codes to the national police or Guardia Civil is encrypted on our database to 1028 BIT SSL. We do not email you guest data, everything you need to work is in your web based control panel and/or in the app and access to these is via secure SSL tunnelling. Hence, all important data is contained to a high level of security and privacy within our system. In addition, we keep track of every digital document on our server and it is cleaned on a nightly basis to ensure that very little documents are available within our file systems.
I think that last quote could have a typo in it.Do they mean 128BIT SSL?
But what maybe more of a concern is the data stored on your phone. It is doubtful if that is secure enough to meet the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulations.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Having read through some information on this law I get the feeling that this app could break the law especially if your phone gets stolen or misplaced. Data stored on it is not secured could be hacked. Storage on a PC can be much more secure. But you have to take a lot of "steps" to safeguard the data stored.
joddle

Post by joddle »

This whole thing is becoming another farcical nightmare. The app running on a mobile seems not to answer all needed of GDPR - whilst the on line notification system (https://webpol.policia.es/e-hotel) is not secure either!!! So how on earth can anyone fully abide by the combination of the two legal requirements? Just how are we meant to stay within the law????
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
joddle

Post by joddle »

And at the 11th hour the company doing the scanner have come up with this: but it does not answer yet the issue of the data on the mobile!

To safeguard your rights, we apply the appropriate technical and organizational measures required by GDPR.

To ensure that we continue to comply with all data protection laws and their complementary regulations, we are reviewing our own data protection policy, our responsibilities and legal obligations. With this in mind, in the coming weeks we will publish a revised data protection policy to which you will have access on our website https://www.checkinscan.com.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service team in the e-mail info@checkinscan.com or by phone +34 951 829 860.

Best Regards,
Check-in Scan
CSE

Post by CSE »

joddle, thanks for those postings. Yes a lot of websites are a joke, I have read even the one the EU have published about the GPDR is not up to scratch.
What a strange place Spain is you are reporting guests data to the National police and we have to do it to the Guardia Civil. Where is all of this data ending up? How does this data gathering comply with the GPDR?
CSE

Post by CSE »

Sorry should have added the link that we use for the GC. This is secure.
https://hospederias.guardiacivil.es/hos ... uracion.do
joddle

Post by joddle »

casasantoestevo wrote:joddle, thanks for those postings. Yes a lot of websites are a joke, I have read even the one the EU have published about the GPDR is not up to scratch.
What a strange place Spain is you are reporting guests data to the National police and we have to do it to the Guardia Civil. Where is all of this data ending up? How does this data gathering comply with the GPDR?
Exactly !!! In fact the data is put into the website is supposed to go to the Guardia Civil but its a tenuous link - not idea why or how its set up in the way it is!!!!! We are still trying to get passwords from the GC to even access it - but we keep getting told try again tomorrow. Typical Spain eh! I dont think the authorities know what it is they are supposed to be doing - and even worse appear to have no proper idea of the implications for GDPR! Of course I could be wrong! :)
CSE

Post by CSE »

I done a who trace on the link you gave.
It is registered to the Policia National.
https://screenshots.firefox.com/CudKA1p ... www.nic.es
We was having to fax the registration data when we first went into businesses in Galicia. Later (years later) the GC came round to us and gave us details of how to access the website.
I suppose it was just a change in the reporting method.
The CG who called on us with the changes were not the most local garrison. They came from a larger town. So maybe you have to look for a GC garrison which serves a larger population? Thus higher ranking?
Ben Smith Check in Scan

Post by Ben Smith Check in Scan »

Hey everyone,

A lot of discussion on here about the app, please refer to this post which I hope should give you more information about us.

viewtopic.php?p=360362#360362

Happy to answer questions,

Ben Smith
MD of Check-in Scan
www.checkinscan.com