HL/TA - properties delisted?

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Marks

HL/TA - properties delisted?

Post by Marks »

Anyone else on the Costa Blanca found their property currently not listed on TA/HL? Thousands seem to be missing, just running a search for Alicante Province with no dates returns zero properties when it should be 13,000+
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

i think its something to do with no tourist license although I know some are gone that do have one.............but people have been sent a email to say they will be de listed until they get one
Marks

Post by Marks »

Interesting. I have a licence as you know but I've been de-listed :?
Ele

Post by Ele »

Same here - it comes up with 'sorry, you've filtered out all the available properties' when doing a search with no filters applied. I couldn't access my listing from my dashboard either when I tried earlier - I had assumed it's a bug in the system ....will raise a support request. We have a licence.
Marks

Post by Marks »

I can still access from the dashboard and make changes.
Ele

Post by Ele »

Yes I can change the listing in dashboard too - sorry wasn't clear, it's when I click on the blue link (listing title) to 'See what your listing looks like on each of the TripAdvisor network sites.....' that nothing comes up.
Ele

Post by Ele »

Response received from TripAdvisor:

We apologize for the delayed response and that your property is not published at the moment.

Unfortunately, due to a sudden change regarding rental laws in the Province of Alicante region, which require owners to have a valid tourist license, we had to temporarily deactivate all listings registered in Alicante to allow us to investigate which properties have a valid tourist license.

If you have a valid license, please add that into your listing information under "Property Details" (there's a box to enter this). As long as you have this information, your listings will be reactivated on Tues May 29th. If you haven't obtained a license yet, your listings will remain offline.

All in all it's a good move in my view. Just a very clunky way of doing it.
Marks

Post by Marks »

"Sudden change" :lol: :lol:

But yes, a good move.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Wow.....how interesting that they're the first OTA to take this seriously. I notice that Ibiza has been effected and there're no apartments for rent (which are illegal) and the villas showing have licences.

Is this to do with the new Spanish law where they have to provide details of their owners to the authorities?
Anyway its a positive that a big player has started to take serious action. Let's hope it does indeed roll out and the others get on board too. M

Mousie
x
Marks

Post by Marks »

Slighty different response to my query:

Thanks for sharing this with me

I have reached out to the support team and they confirmed there is currently an issue going on. Basically, they ran a query that should have switched the properties without a tourist licence number offline. However, it seems that the format of this one was not correctly recognized, therefore the system took all the properties offline. Please be assured that this will be solved with the maximum urgency by the relevant team.
Ele

Post by Ele »

Received the below email ....and there are now 1,630 properties online on TA in Costa Blanca, but not ours....! We're there on HL (out of 5,304 Costa Blanca properties), maybe it will just take some time to update across them all.

We apologize for all the inconvenience caused however as per the rental laws in the Province of Alicante region, which require owners to have a valid tourist license, we had to temporarily deactivate all listings registered in Alicante to allow us to investigate which properties have a valid tourist license. Since these details are been updated by you the account is reactive and the property is visible on all the website.