French banks

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
zazou

French banks

Post by zazou »

Hello! Looking for recommendations for a new bank. I've been with LCL for years, but it's so unpractical - it won't even allow me to make purchases online, let alone transfers. I have to post a letter from the UK every time...

I'm moving to France soon, but will continue to pay taxes in the UK as that's where my business is based. No luck with Societé Génerale's Boursorama which broke down at the final hurdle (and their online assistance was useless).

Do you know of any good, modern banks that won't run in terror at someone having their taxes based abroad? I have French passport etc....

Thank you!
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

I left LCN after 30 years with them as they refused a bank loan to buy a holiday appartment despite me being prepared to pay over one third the price as an advance.

I approached CA who agreed straight away, got the loan, and have been with them ever since. Like all banks, they are not perfect but my local branch is easy to approach and give advice.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
CSE

Post by CSE »

Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

oasiscouple wrote:I left LCN after 30 years with them as they refused a bank loan to buy a holiday appartment despite me being prepared to pay over one third the price as an advance.
I approached CA who agreed straight away, got the loan, and have been with them ever since.
Yet LCL are wholly owned by CA! I'm with LCL, but I hear good reports of the CA branch in my village, maybe I'll swap.

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.