Fully Paid Late booking but a no show - what would you do?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
jellybean

Fully Paid Late booking but a no show - what would you do?

Post by jellybean »

Removed - thank you for your replies
Last edited by jellybean on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

You have already received payment in full for the period so to rent again would be wrong.
What would Plato do ?
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

I don't see the problem. You've been paid in full so what does it matter if the place is empty? You have an enforceable contract with them and if you re-let for the period they have paid for you'll be in all kinds of trouble if the do show up midweek.

I'd be quite happy in your position - no wear and tear, no heating and no laundry. You'll only have to do a quick dust at changeover!

/
jellybean

Post by jellybean »

It was just a query

I have never had it happen before....still fairly new to it all and just wondered whether it happens that is all...it is more the no communication that is frustrating!
sparkJS

Post by sparkJS »

It is unusual in my experience however Based on other posts I have seen on this website they could have checked into the wrong house! Or perhaps they have their days mixed up and they will arrive next week!

Do whatever you can to give them as many messages as possible just in case.
MG
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

happened to us once - couple were involved in accident.....no serious injury, but car was a right-off, so went on holiday nearer home. Mother had paid for their stay with us, so not bothered about letting us know till after they returned from their holiday
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

No show for us last week as only found out when cleaner went in. No response to email as yet. Paid by HL
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

apexblue wrote:No show for us last week as only found out when cleaner went in. No response to email as yet. Paid by HL
That has to be the best type of guest!! I'm currently waiting for a last-minute to show up who has mixed up two mountain passes from Italy (the Petit and Grand St Bernard... one goes south, the other north) and are currently 2 hours south of us... if you know to road well... 3 hours in the dark if you don't (!) I suspect that they'll realise there's no way they can get to us before midnight soon, and phone to cancel. I wouldn't mind, but we turned away a couple of off the streeters for the same room earlier... grr!