AirBnb Scam

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
explodingaardvark

AirBnb Scam

Post by explodingaardvark »

I have just received an email from express@airbnb.co.com purporting to come from AirBnb.
It states:
Your payout of €**02.15 via Bank Transfer has been stopped because of the following issue with your account:
You (Airbnb host xxxxxxxxxxxxx) are currently not able to accept new bookings, receive payments or send messages until you accept our new Privacy Policy. (The xxxxxxxxxs are my own insertion and the message actually quoted my email address).

The message then requests that I press a link accepting the new privacy policy and the link address is https: // artjob.it/air/index.php/*******.

I am not aware of any money owing to me and upon visiting the legitimate AirBnB site no booking is shown.

Does anyone know whether this is a scam?

In these days I am reluctant to blindly follow links without knowledge that the link is legitimate.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I'd bet my grandmother's false teeth that this is 100% scam
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

I would also say that this is a scam but I would advise that you call Airbnb or email them at an address that you have DO NOT HIT REPLY. That is a valid Airbnb address but maybe a scammer knows how to change it up to appear like it is coming from ABB

Please let us know the outcome!! Thank you for posting
Kate
USA