Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Website Builders - Mr Site / Weebly

How to build your own personal website from scratch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kgreen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Website Builders - Mr Site / Weebly Reply with quote

Hello!

Has anyone used Mr Site to build their holiday rental website?

I am also considering Weebly or Wix as I like the flexibility with templates.

Does anyone have any feedback?

Thanking you!

Katie
FelicityA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only that I am a firm fan of Promotemyplace.com which is not on your list.

I know nothing of the others but PMP is keeping up with the times and about to integrate reservation software into the site for a small yearly fee (just in the testing stage I believe). Together with the the fact that their customer service is near to perfection, I can highly recommend them. Lots of other widgets too, come with the template. And if you choose them, I can give you a code for a small discount. Just let me know if you change your mind from the others!
JanB

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to hear your thoughts on Promote My Place.....FelicityA. It does seem very easy to use.

Anyone ever used Inn Style? It seems to integrate with Booking.com and Airbnb.

I am learning quite a bit about sites for B&B; much has changed since I sold my B&B business 7 years ago and I am now contemplating a low key B&B in my 300 year old cottage.

I wasn't quite prepared for the learning curve and am now wondering whether it is necessary to have my own dedicated website in addition to other advertising.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Casscat

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big PMP fan too I have to say. Without time or expertise this is a very simple navigation which creates a very impressive page and I have to say that from a personal perspective if I wanted something more glamorous and bespoke I would probably employ a web designer and get back to sitting in the sunshine with a glass of wine! Very Happy
FelicityA

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if a B and B website is really needing anything very different from a self catering place? So then the templates for one are going to suit the templates for another, I would imagine.

I do think having your own website is a huge advantage. As hopefully, the spread of the staysavr app grows then if you are listed on say, booking.com, your prospective guests can find you easily (i.e. your website and phone number) and avoid paying more, or you paying more to use them.
Nemo

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JanB, I'd say it was imperative for any business nowadays to have a website, no matter how low key. You want people to find you direct and not hand commission over to outsiders, so the best place to start is your own website.
JanB

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your thoughts and I am pressing on with PMP - it does seem easy to use and looks professional.

I cannot believe how nervous I am! This is much lower key than my previous large B&B and numerous holiday cottages. I must try to relax a bit......!
KAB-USA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemo wrote:
Hi JanB, I'd say it was imperative for any business nowadays to have a website, no matter how low key. You want people to find you direct and not hand commission over to outsiders, so the best place to start is your own website.

Nemo I read your post and many others this evening regarding diverting guests from Commission sites to your own site. I dont have a huge amount of expertise but I find that Airbnb deletes anything that remotely looks or sounds like a website, extension, tel # or any other method of contact. They even wiped out the first line in one paragraph of my listing as I used the **** starts to highlight the paragraph for reading.

How do you all seem to be so confident that guests will be able to find you outside of these commission sites. Maybe you are one of only a handful of rentals in your town. I am in a local with thousands and a town with hundreds.

I have a site that cannot be found through SEO but I feel that guests would still not be able to find me even if I did. Any thoughts??
Peyre Blanque

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Website building Reply with quote

I used to run PMP but found the template system restrictive so moved across to Weebly, which is (IMHO) much more flexible and as easy to use.
How to build your own personal website from scratch