Cleaning towels

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
SW31

Cleaning towels

Post by SW31 »

For pool towels I provide a light green/blue colour towel. They now look, to me, a little more green partly in thanks to that lovely make of sun cream that previous guests slathered on every day.
As guests don’t know the real colour I’ll continue with them.
In the Gite I use white towels. When in a bad state I use Miele powder for whites with some extra vanish white for good measure. It has worked so far. I also have to use this method on the white sofa covers from the suntan cream on the back on their legs.
The one thing that surprised me was the plastic tablecloth. It was stained by the front of their legs and was a nightmare to clean!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Oh my! You're brave having white seat covers! :D

I've actually had pink stains appear on the top of my yellow painted table and on the arms and front of my yellow painted adirondack chair. Both are from sun lotion....where, as you say, people's arms and legs have come in to contact.
I was dismayed but with back to back bookings had no chance of repaintng. And then, a miracle, by August the stains were gone. Good old sunshine got them out. (It is a complete pain though having yellow and pink stains. God knows what chemicals are in it)

Mousie
x