Guest Dies trapped

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
akwe-xavante

Guest Dies trapped

Post by akwe-xavante »

This reminded me of a past post where some people got trapped in a lift!

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/ex-policewoma ... 44190.html
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

We had pool room door which could do just that. Not any more!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

That was such an awful tragedy. The poor women.

Yes it really does make you think about issues with doors. Having had my mother locked in a loo once because the lock came off I can understand how easily it could happen. It was replaced with a simple bolt by the restaurant owners.
Locks fail.

Mousie.
x
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

As a child (and sometimes since) I was a master at getting locked in public toilets. More than once my Mum had to pay up another penny to get me out. I often wonder if she thought I was worth it!
CSE

Post by CSE »

Reading the headline of this post at first I though it was in your property!
Horrifying set of events to this story.
Noise for 24 hours and nobody complained?
Body only found a week later?
Pipe had broken but no one failed to see a difference in water flow or pressure?
I also find it rather odd that she walked into an airing cupboard. They are usually quite full of shelving.
Why did she to turn the light on when she went to the loo?
Now the family want to sue despite hubby and ex wife being divorced for 30 years.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

I thought this was all rather odd too.

If I understand the article correctly the lady who died was not, strictly speaking, a guest. The couple had owned the time share for many years and been there many times. She was well known there.

So, how did she mistake the airing cupboard for a bedroom and what sort of airing cupboard was it that she could go right in and shut the door behind her without realising her mistake?

Banging might be mistaken for building work during the day but surely not at the odd and continuous times she must have been banging. And, did she not shout? Surely she would have shouted?

What are the husband and son suing for and who are they suing?
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

She may well have got the layout mixed up when goingr to the loo in the night. It happens. My dad, god rest his soul, ended up in a wardrobe once :shock: though he had been drinking!

Perhaps the lock came off in her hands, and she was trapped. Though I take your point about the noise....but it depends how long it went on for.

Still the poor women must have been trapped to be so determined to try and get out. I do agree as to why would her family sue.

Very odd circumstances. And you never get the full story in articles like this.

Mousie
x
Last edited by Mouse on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

I can understand mistaking the doorway of the airing cupboard for the bathroom doorway if they are adjacent, and I can understand not wanting to switch lights on and wake up completely simply for a bathroom stop in the night.

I remember waking up one night to hear my father running down the upstairs hallway. My mother had just fallen down the stairs. The top of the stairwell was adjacent to the bathroom, the last person to use the bathroom had closed the door so when my still half asleep mother saw moonlight shining in through the window on the stairs, she mistook it for the bathroom window.... Fortunately, she only fell to the dogleg in the stairs and ended up bruised and embarrassed.

What I don't understand about this particular incident is how nobody complained about the noise as it apparently continued for 24hours. I'm not sure how successful in blaming and suing somebody for this sad incident the bereaved family are likely to be, as apparently they had owned said premises for several years and only recently sold it. Maybe it was something said in the first shock that has been picked up and magnified by the journalist.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!