PMP problems anyone?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
cleanforum

PMP problems anyone?

Post by cleanforum »

I have noticed a couple of problems with my PMP site today and yesterday. The calendar will not export and some pages are missing photos.

This may be because of their ongoing upgrade?
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Yes it's because of the server migration earlier this week. I have had to clear my cache, do a 'hard reboot' and then re-add all my embedded photos. Seems to have worked. There are other issues such as attachments not loading and pages slow to load or not available, which I believe they are working to resolve.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Thanks, yes I tried to re insert my photos but the save button gave an error. I ended up losing all the text on a very important page and am now waiting for a response from support. Hopefully for them to restore a backup version....i have wasted a whole morning on this so far.. not impressed.

Also the ical calender will no longer update. I have a message from tripadvisor say that the import has failed..

This is not the first time I have had to reedit/ pages and ask for backups to be restored after "upgrades" for PMP.

Cant they schedule the work for off-season FGS- I am normally full of praise for PMP but today I am not a happy bunny :evil:
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Yes it is a pain...I was in the middle of running a fb ad linking to the website so have had to get it sorted ASAP. And have had the same message from TA although I haven’t investigated that yet. PMP were very quick to get back to me when I raised a ticket though to be fair. Hope you get it sorted soon.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

Absolute pain.

My iCal feed is also not working. Luckily my only instant book site I manually update anyway fortunately but my site loads like treacle in the Arctic and my PMP booking software email is throwing up 505 errors

I know they want to get http/s in place for us as soon as possible but this is annoying. I sincerely hope the tech team are working this weekend.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Yes I hope so too. Can t understand why a company offering holiday site hosting does their upgrades always during the holiday season.

I am sure they are working, but support will probably take a back seat until they get things sorted...
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

They are certainly working on it.

I got an email from customer support at 11.45pm last night which I replied to and got an instant response back so they are putting in the hours at the moment
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

If I am not mistaken they have fixed the Ical import now.

Can anyone confirm this?
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

I had an email from them today, saying that since the upgrade they do not have space for our domain parking/redirects.

Does abyone else have their own domainname which resolves to PMP?
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

I do. I think it’s just if you have two domains and one forwards to the other. I had this for a while when I changed my domain name but luckily that was a while ago and I no longer need the secondary domain and redirect.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Yes that is correct Jenster,

I received this email which clears up the confusion;

"If you have a PromoteMyPlace domain name, i.e. a domain with the .promotemyplace.com extension you do not need to do anything.

If you have purchased just one domain name through a 3rd party provider such as 123-reg, GoDaddy,etc. and pointed it to your PromoteMyPlace website, you do not need to do anything.

If you have purchased multiple domain names through a 3rd party provider and they are all pointing to the same PromoteMyPlace website, i.e. you have one or more secondary domains forwarding to your main (primary) domain, this update will effect you.

As mentioned in the previous email, unfortunately following our recent server migration, we are no longer able to support these secondary domains due to limits on the number of domains we can have pointing to the new server environment. However, it's easy to set up domain forwarding with your domain name provider to ensure all secondary domains continue to work, and the good news is that you don't have to go through the verification process again.

If you have more than one domain name pointing to your PromoteMyPlace website, please refer to our Support Forum article here for further information. "