No Communication with Guest after booking. What to do?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
CSE

Post by CSE »

It is not secure enough. The guest can ask you where you store the information, They can under certain circumstances ask for information to be removed. The CG can ask for paper copies of the forms.

Sorry to say but you should do some reading up of the New EU regulations that came into force from the 25th(ish) of May.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Yes I am aware of the process and the GC requirements.

Can you tell me what the difference is between me taking the details and transcribing them to GC paper form face to face with the client,

and

the guest sending me the same information via encrypted whatsapp and me inscribing it again to the GC form?

Where is the data being held illegally?
COYS

Post by COYS »

cleanforum wrote:On further investigation, it seems that Google is not 100% secure. Whatsapp may be better?
Which begs the question; Just what is 100% secure?
Answer; Nothing.
And I'd hazard a guess that most of us are far more diligent than many bigger operations, so no point us all getting our knickers in a twist about it.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
CSE

Post by CSE »

You really should gen up on your responsibilities to the GC, the guests information the storage under the Ley Orgánica de Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal and under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
http://www.interior.gob.es/web/servicio ... s-policial
La utilización de cualquiera de los sistemas señalados no exime de la obligación de cumplimentar el parte, de su firma por el alojado y de la confección del libro-registro correspondiente.
You may find this useful too.
http://www.interior.gob.es/web/servicio ... o-registro

It may take some take some time before the GC get around to visiting you but when they do the fine is very high.
Note. We are often inspected with an unannounced vista to read the registration book. We have had a call at the front door because someone was wanted by the GC. And when a GC shot and killed in a robbery again they came here to look at the registration books.
Lets Go To Puglia

Post by Lets Go To Puglia »

WhatsApp is encrypted and as I understand it secure, so maybe the best way to ask guests to send sensitive details
Ciao, Debbie

Puglia Holiday Villas Facebook Page
---------------------
It's not the things you did you look back on and regret it's the things you didn't do!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Lets Go To Puglia wrote:WhatsApp is encrypted and as I understand it secure, so maybe the best way to ask guests to send sensitive details
WhatsApp is owned by Facebook who seem to be happy to sell personal data to the highest bidder...
COYS

Post by COYS »

greenbarn wrote:
Lets Go To Puglia wrote:WhatsApp is encrypted and as I understand it secure, so maybe the best way to ask guests to send sensitive details
WhatsApp is owned by Facebook who seem to be happy to sell personal data to the highest bidder...
Very true.
But just what is this information that is so sensitive?
Name, address & dob etc can be looked up & found by almost anybody, anywhere with minimal effort or hacking skills. My bank account details when exchanged are of little use unless they want to pay me some money. A passport number (all we are required to collect) is just a number.
Card transactions through a secure processor obviously, but apart from that we have all exchanged this info many, many times when form filling, registering, voting etc. Indeed many will have most of it publicly displayed on a social media or LinkedIn profile so why the sudden need to treat basic info as a state secret?
WhatsApp is encrypted but it seems (to me) mostly used for exchanging boring photos & banal banter than business transactions.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
CSE

Post by CSE »

It was said once that cloud storage in the could was safe and secure. That has changed. I wonder what the the next target will be? It is the Ivory tower for a target.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/wh ... oup-hacks/

The other thing that you have not understood is the way the GC (police) in Spain need to see the paperwork if they require. I have added links to that. Having details on a phone is not suitable for the law of Spain.
Marchehelen

Post by Marchehelen »

Unfortunately Whatsapp isn't GDPR compliant

https://www.thebci.org/news/are-whatsap ... ourse.html