B&B room cleaning

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
Happy Days

B&B room cleaning

Post by Happy Days »

Would appreciate feedback from other B&B owners how you deal with customers who stay 6 to 10 days. Cannot see people wanting to eat out every evening.
Most customers stay 1 2 or 3 nights.
Should I offer to clean room everyday.?
Would prefer if food was not consumed in the room.
Especially red wine. Last yr had couple for 3 nights who spilt red wine and the marks are not easy to erase.
I think I should put a sign in room for no food or drink but not sure how to word it. Would appreciate any feedback.
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

GdF recommend refreshing room daily & changing linen every 3rd day or mid stay, towels as they get soiled - usually every other day. It is a good idea to go in daily if you can to empty bins, clean loos, replace loo roll & just keep an eye. We are also in France & since our very first guests arrived 15yrs ago bringing a car full of food & drink, not a lot you can do to stop them, though find French guests rarely bring food & drink into rooms, whereas other nationalities bring in loads. We have tackled the problem by providing a shared guest kitchenette - installed the week after we first opened...
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Having stayed 3 nights recently in a French owned B&B comments
from petitbois sound reasonable .

Our rooms were refreshed each day. The towel were not changed. Apart from breakfast we ate out . It was hot weather and we did bring some cordial to the room to add to water for a long drink also they provided tea / coffee making facilities in the room.

A kitchenette especially for families would be a good bonus.
Fleur
yer tis

Post by yer tis »

Rooms are serviced each day, mostly i change towels daily, clean shower cubicle, toilet and sink daily, empty bins and general dusting, but, this week have guests for 7 nights so i will change bedding every 3rd night as its very hot here, luckily our guests have a private lounge downstairs and private patio area and eat in those areas, the guests this week are Belgians and want to be in front of the telly to watch the footy, they are eating main meal at lunchtime and snacking evenings here.
As petitbois says not many French guests have brought food to eat here but i find the English definitely do.
I do have a tea/coffee station upstairs but i prefer to offer them tea/coffee downstairs and make it myself.
Mind you i only have one letting room and plenty of time, not the same for bigger places i suspect :roll: :lol:
Sue
Happy Days

Post by Happy Days »

Thank you for your replies. At present I find the French guest the easiest, they arrive with a plan, normally they go out to a good restaurant, return and go to bed have an early breakfast and go out for the day. This is how we use B&Bs ourselves.
However, when we have English guests they tend to bring food.Normally I offer fridge space for their beers wine & food, supply glasses and plates etc Don’t mind this as long as it is not kept in the room. We supply bottles of water. We offer refreshments cold drinks tea & coffee.
Will take on board your advice.
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

yes always the Brits who fill fridge with beer, wine, mixers, have bottles of spirits in room, huge bags of nibbles, chocs etc. French are by far & away the most polite & in 15yrs have never once had French arrive with alcohol. The Dutch & Belgians do eat in a lot esp if on holiday (have Belgian couple here for a week currently - fridge is full of food, but no alcohol!!) Luckily 85% of our B&B guests are French!!
Happy Days

Post by Happy Days »

I love the guests that realise what B & B is all about.
Arrive, relax go out to restaurant , return’ go to bed, enjoy a good breakfast and depart for the day, French are best at this!!!!
Happy Days

Post by Happy Days »

I love the guests that realise what B & B is all about.
Arrive, relax go out to restaurant , return’ go to bed, enjoy a good breakfast and depart for the day, French are best at this!!!!