August

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
apexblue

August

Post by apexblue »

Problems getting 2 bedrooms booked for August. Anyone having the same?
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

Yes, I still have 2 weeks unsold in August, never had them available this late before and my prices are the same as the last 2 years.
Drax

Post by Drax »

We also have 2 'spare' weeks available in August plus some 'spare' weeks in September and October.
After a spate of bookings early in the year they have all but 'dried up'. Perhaps there is a glut of holiday cottages.
Keep your powder dry.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

We got all 18 rentals booked for August give or take a day or two.

Best rental income was a 3 bed sleeps 5 which took August short breaks.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

We sold all of August in the end but some of it went late. We have lot of bookings for September and Xmas over the last couple of days. Our 3 bed 2 bath seems easier to sell than the 2 bed 1 bath.
Mike&Chrissy

Post by Mike&Chrissy »

One week unsold in August but nothing now until Christmas
CarolineJ

Post by CarolineJ »

August was full, but only because someone booked the remaining fortnight at the beginning of July. Almost wishing they hadn't, they broke a bed, nicked the salt & pepper pots (why??), washed the insides of the bagless Hoover completely wrecking the filter in the process and left me my lowest-scored review so far, including a 7 for cleanliness (house cleaned to same standard as usual, every single other review gives cleanliness a 10).

September is full bar two nights, October is half sold but I've got some dates blocked off as I'm away.
Faint heart never won fair holiday let...
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

August was full. 2x2 week bookings, my favourite. Lovely guests, even helped water the flower tubs in the hot weather. Only one bad booking all year which involved young children and dogs. No damage but house left in poor/dirty condition which required extra cleaning. These guests are now on my black list.
The best things in life are free
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

August full (apart from 4 days when I was there for some work that had to be carried out in Aug)

3 weeks booked in September so far, but usually completely booked well in advance.

A week and a half booked In October .. slower than usual

Income from early April to end of Sept slightly better than same period last year.