Guests hide behind reviews

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Frenchlady wrote:I am really not sure why casasantoestevo you always seem to attack people who comment on this forum. Perhaps it is just your way. I am not looking for sympathy just pointing out that we do our very best to make people comfortable in our home which is a 2 bedroom B&B and they knock you down on facilities or say some stupid comments. I really don't know what else we can give them unless they are looking for massage facilities or a hot tub!!! I have asked the guests what they think we were lacking and of course have not had any replies. They obviously did not expect me to come back at them, but it would be nice to hear why they have scored the way they have. I also agree about the location, which they choose to book. With GPS and google maps/earth etc there is no excuse now to book somewhere you don't want to be. I just hate the false smiles as they leave the house and then the comments that come later. We had 2 French guests who gave us feed back whilst they were here, one complained that the room was too bright first thing in the morning (I used to put the "youngsters" in there to get them to wake up and come down for breakfast!!!). We remedied that straight away by putting up a blind. Much better than 2 faced guests.
Wait a min here. We are honest. And write what we feel. We see nothing wrong in that. If you think that is personal towards you so be it. Never accused you of anything. We noted that we could not give you an appraisal of what is what if we do not see the property. If you wish to remain anonymous then so be it.

Having read several of your recent thread subjects, where you have "aired your views", especially about listing portals, we thought that perhaps this time you was looking for feed back. Especially when you had brought up the issue about negative or lower graded feed back. Even some of the "words" you have written above indicate you are maybe looking for feed back.
we do our very best to make people comfortable in our home which is a 2 bedroom B&B and they knock you down on facilities or say some stupid comments. I really don't know what else we can give them unless they are looking for massage facilities or a hot tub!!!
If you write the above and then say you do not want sympathy. What are you looking for?

However, having been corrected by you and others that was a mistake.
One word of advice maybe is need? Reviews in any portal are just like life. Sometimes one has to take the ruff with the smooth. It is certainly not worth getting very worried about.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

Thank you Mouse and Africanpenguin will look at taking your suggestions on board for next season.

And to the other comment - I think everyone looks for a little bit of sympathy on here. None of us want to think we are in it alone.

Hope you have all had a good season and looking forward to a bit of "feet up time".
CSE

Post by CSE »

I was correct you was after advise.
Next time do not hide your property. That goes for anyone who wants to seek help. Without details help is as quite meaningless.
Marks

Post by Marks »

casasantoestevo wrote: Next time do not hide your property. That goes for anyone who wants to seek help. Without details help is as quite meaningless.
Are you suddenly the owner of this forum or is there a new rule we need to know about? If you don't like the question/comment put or if you think the owner is 'hiding' then don't answer it.

Why do you have to be so confrontational all the time.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
chipiechoo

Post by chipiechoo »

Are you suddenly the owner of this forum or is there a new rule we need to know about? If you don't like the question/comment put or if you think the owner is 'hiding' then don't answer it.

Why do you have to be so confrontational all the time.
Hear, hear ! Couldn't have put it more succinctly, in fact if that name shows as the conrtibutor I have ceased to read the comments.
CSE

Post by CSE »

marks calling the kettle black now?
chipiechoo, Ironic?
aasta

Post by aasta »

OLA!! We have been with this Forum for 8 years now and appreciate everyone´s views/comments/insights/suggestions and even the critics!!! Thanks everyone...though I so cringe when posters begin to take stabs at each other....

Anyways...we run a 5 room B&B and are also amazed when guests write negative comments in their reviews, even though we tell them when they arrive to please let us know if something does not work (we have a mintenace man who is always on call), if they need something or they are unhappy with something...when they leave we give them the guestbook for their comments but also ask them if they have suggestions for us to improve our B&B...Thank fully we do not often have negative comments, but the few we do have wrote glowing remarks in the guestbook and never complained to us in person....But this is probably because some people just do not have the civil courage to speak out....one guest wrote a review a year and a half after he stayed here that was less than stellar...he wrote it in Winter on a gloomy Sunday afternoon, so we assume that we just bore the brunt of his "bad day"!!!
aasta
CSE

Post by CSE »

when they leave we give them the guestbook for their comments but also ask them if they have suggestions for us to improve our B&B
What a good idea. Do not know if we could give them the guest book to sign.We feel that we should keep with how it is done now, just let guests fill it in if they feel like it. But asking about the stay is good idea.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

aasta wrote:...when they leave we give them the guestbook for their comments
This reminds me of being ripped off by a rickshaw driver years ago. Before we hired him, he showed us his book of glowing reviews, so we thought he must be OK. But when we arrived at our destination, he gave us the guestbook for our comments and refused to tell us what we owed until we had written our comments in the book. We were then left with the dilemma of what to write ...
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

newtimber wrote:This reminds me of being ripped off by a rickshaw driver years ago. Before we hired him, he showed us his book of glowing reviews, so we thought he must be OK. But when we arrived at our destination, he gave us the guestbook for our comments and refused to tell us what we owed until we had written our comments in the book. We were then left with the dilemma of what to write ...
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think I'll give that one a try :wink: