Tiny issues

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
loveka

Tiny issues

Post by loveka »

We had a very last minute guest.

Our cleaner messed up a little- she forgot to put tea towels in the house. Also forgot to put our hard copy house manual- it is on line though. She has now told me some of the towels were slightly damp when she put them out.

The guest has pointed these things out to our cleaner when she took the missing tea towels round. Also a chipped plate. No indoor airer (there is a washing line and pegs)

She has pointed out a stain on the carpet. This stain was caused by a guest in the 2nd week of renting. The carpet is brand new, and was very expensive. Someone split bleach (I think) on the carpet and didn't tell us. It is on the stairs, so can't be covered with a rug.

Our brand new Brabantia bin has been, it looks like, stabbed with a sharp implement all over.

Last week every single towel (18 towels) was left covered in pink stains. We have 2 sets, but our cleaner has now told me that she has put out the pink stained towels for this guest. Again, the towels are brand new, bought 6 weeks ago.

I could cry. All of these things are beyond my control. Our cleaner is very good, but has made these tiny mistakes. I know I will get marked down by the guest. We are on Air BnB and could have our listing removed if she gives us a low score.

Should I contact the guest even though all of this was discussed with the cleaner? I had a lot of contact with her yesterday about the missing tea towels, so don't want to go OTT with contact.
COYS

Post by COYS »

I'd wait it out & let her make further contact if she feels the need. She may well end up having a great time & forget all about her original irritations & you can't change it now anyway.
Might pay to have that awkward discussion with your cleaner though.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.