HA payment issues - check your details...

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Martha

HA payment issues - check your details...

Post by Martha »

HA have just whacked me with nearly 40% charge for a ten day booking in August :shock: Lucky I checked the breakdown!

They said it's an ongoing issue and they'll correct it. I do wonder if they would have done that if I hadn't noticed....so check any recent bookings carefully.

They told me it was 'cosmetic' and would not affect the actual payout, however I have noticed they are very prone to making accidental mistakes in their own favour so will be continue to check all amounts carefully.

This one brings the total of "What I would be out by if I didn't keep on top of HA" to well over five grand. :/
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Thanks, Off to check mine now.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

This one brings the total of "What I would be out by if I didn't keep on top of HA" to well over five grand. :/
Good grief Martha! Very worrying. It's also worrying that these companies can't get important things like this right.....nor feel shamed when their errors are spotted.

Mousie
x
nichthewood

Post by nichthewood »

Martha. If you don’t mind me asking, how did you get it touch with them. I’ve tried today and it was sooooo hard, and I was past from pillar to post. My issue is still not resolved. And yes they owe us money too.
Sunbeam

HomeAway - warning for when you amend a payment request

Post by Sunbeam »

Also be careful if you "amend" a quote. For some ridiculous reason the Payment Terms default to the HomeAway default terms which they don´t alert you to.

We amended the quote to add an extra item.

We took a two week booking for next summer and the balance is now due 2 weeks before arrival rather than 2 months. So we are just hoping there is no cancellation.

There was so much hassle with this Online Payment and the guest was so nice and understanding about the hassle, but we didn´t want to push our luck and make a further amendment to the Balance Payment date as it involves cancelling the Payment and reissuing it and we could well imagine the system cancelling the whole transaction in error.

The only way we got to speak to anyone was by getting through to the "are you a potential new customer" option. First we got put though to a call centre in India who read from scripts. I called again and asked to speak to someone who could make a decision and not read from a script and was put through to the most customer-unfriendly customer care person in central Europe. She actually shouted at me. I´m hoping that they do as they promise and "use the recording of our conversation for training purposes"

A bit of a ramble-y message - but hopefully it it warns people that the Payment Dates need to be amended back manually when amending a quote or payment request.
nichthewood

Post by nichthewood »

Sunbeam. That was the attitude I got from them today. They couldn’t do anything that wasn’t on there script. If they said I understand once they must have said it twenty times. But really they hadn’t a clue what to do.