Homeaway

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
nichthewood

Homeaway

Post by nichthewood »

Anyone else had problems with Homeaway getting there money from them? My guest booked 12 mounts ago and paid the deposit to them. 8 weeks ago the same guest paid there balance. They arrived 2 days ago, all fine. Homeaway released there final payment yesterday together with an email telling me it was being paid into my account. Fine it’s there this morning, but there deposit from 12 months ago is noware to be found. No email relating to it and no money. Contacted them this morning and spent 1hr on the phone trying to sort it out. Transferred to USA twice, dropped once and in the end told to ring back in 3 hrs because the USA staff weren’t in yet. What a joke. Tried live chat and after 10 mins was told to contact customer service pay ....
was a shower. Can’t believe they can get away, treating there clients like this. I’ve written to head office. Don’t know what else to do. They’ve got £150 on ours. Anyone else had this situation?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

In December last year, the payment gateway for HA cahnged from Holiday Rent Payments to Homeaway Payments. Would it be anything to do with that? There's something in your account somewhere that tells you if you were migrated.
nichthewood

Post by nichthewood »

Yes I did read about the change. My gripe really is the difficulty in contact them and there staff who just don’t have a clue. I just can’t understand as everything is in my dashboard so they can obviously see that.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

When you get nowhere using the telephone, it just becomes a huge frustration. Talking to people who do not have the authority to put things right is not going to work. For me, writing to the CEO of the company (even an email) is more likely to be productive and it wouldn't be my last resort. You have to make sure you are writing to the correct company - HolidayrentPayment, HomeAwayPayments, or whomever - and tell him clearly what the problem is and hinting at what's going to happen if he doesn't put things right very soon.
nichthewood

Post by nichthewood »

Hi. That is exactly what I have done. The “lost” payment has now arrived in my account so I’m nearly happy. Still not had any notification from HA that the payment was sent. I still think that like other large co. They need to consider the attention the give there clients. It is us that pay there wages.... whether it’s Ryanair or HSBC they all treat us with contempt.