Reviews submitted on TA sites not copied to HolidayLettings?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
cleanforum

Reviews submitted on TA sites not copied to HolidayLettings?

Post by cleanforum »

Well, Just that. When I receive a review from Tripadvisor or Flipkey, these reviews are not replicated on the HL site as I understand they should be. Has anyone here noticed that too?..
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Not exactly the same problem, but about a month ago, I received an enquiry from an ancient listing I had on HouseTrip. Since HouseTrip were acquired by TA and we were told it would all be folded in I thought nothing of it, but when I tried to reply to the enquiry, which of course you can only do through the site, it told me that my account was unavailable.

This was a Sunday, it was for a very valuable 2 weeks in Sept and sounded very promising as the guest knew the area.

But it took TA support 3 goes and four days to get back to me properly and another day to fix it by which time, guess what, guest had booked elsewhere, and I am nearly a grand out of pocket as the property stands empty.

In my experience, HA suffer much more from ATI (acquisition technical issues), but it seems that TA are not immune.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

" told it would all be folded in"
Yes, not very good at that folding-in stuff apparently.. I will try to get a response from them.