Why? Why??

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
MiniMum

Post by MiniMum »

Yes and I had a bathmat neatly cut in half. Never found the other half ….. :)
susanj

Post by susanj »

In the U.S. we don't have separate bath mats for different people.
Tournesol

Post by Tournesol »

susanj wrote:In the U.S. we don't have separate bath mats for different people.
Neither do we. In fact I had never given it a thought till I saw this post! Mind you, I guess it's different in our B & B as people would only normally be using it once or twice.
In our "family room" en suite we have a selection of blue and white towels, enough for a bath towel, hand towel and wash mitt each for up to 5 people (that's if they have an extra bed in the room) but lots of times we have found every bath towel used even if it is only a family of two and a baby and for just one night.
What you've never had you never miss!
gh

Post by gh »

We changed to duck boards in bath and shower rooms, which get bleached each change over.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

gh wrote:We changed to duck boards in bath and shower rooms, which get bleached each change over.
Ah nooo.... ! That's just painful on the feet (assuming they're the thin slatted ones and you have stupid feet like me) and then you have the 'joy' of not being able to dry your soles at all so you leave wet footprints across the bathroom, gathering crud that has to be rewashed off and dried before you can put then in your socks/shoes.
Jemima Copping

Post by Jemima Copping »

Giraffe wrote:All my guest towels and bath mats are mid grey. I supply a bath sheet and a bath towel per person, with hand towels in bathrooms/ WCs. Still going strong after 6 years. Only had to replace a few hand towels with bleach marks - hair dye?
I bought 2 sets of grey towels in June. The first guests who used them, 2 women, left bleach marks on one hand towel and some small not so visible marks on a bath towel.2 weeks ago a young couple were staying, so I put the grey towels in again, lo and behold, guess what! The same towel with the not so visible marks now has a a large round rust like stain on it which is impossible to remove! What is it with towels?
I have resorted to dyeing some towels with pale yellow stains which only seem to appear once they are dry. I dyed them and a sheet, pillowcases and a duvet cover all a pale yellow, which actually looks quite nice with the decor in the bedroom and hides the stains.
I have also dyed some bedding and towels pale turquoise.
Better to be mutton dressed as lamb than mutton dressed as mutton!
gh

Post by gh »

Ecosse wrote:
gh wrote:We changed to duck boards in bath and shower rooms, which get bleached each change over.
Ah nooo.... ! That's just painful on the feet (assuming they're the thin slatted ones and you have stupid feet like me) and then you have the 'joy' of not being able to dry your soles at all so you leave wet footprints across the bathroom, gathering crud that has to be rewashed off and dried before you can put then in your socks/shoes.
Ah yees.... We have a seat whereby you can sit and dry your feet (stupid or not) most guests will either have slippers or flip flops with them to use. I particularly don't like walking around without something on my feet.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

gh wrote:
Ecosse wrote:
Ah yees.... We have a seat whereby you can sit and dry your feet (stupid or not) most guests will either have slippers or flip flops with them to use. I particularly don't like walking around without something on my feet.
How interesting.....I grab a towel and start to dry myself in the shower (water off obviously) then get out of the shower and stand on the end of the towel, therefore the bottom of my feet are dry immediately. Then use the rest of the towel to finish off dryIng myself. I thought everyone did it that way.

Mousie
x
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

Mouse: That's exactly what I do too! I hardly make the bathmat wet …….
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Mice have such tiny feet as well :) :D
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Mouse wrote:
gh wrote:
Ecosse wrote: Ah nooo.... ! That's just painful on the feet (assuming they're the thin slatted ones and you have stupid feet like me) and then you have the 'joy' of not being able to dry your soles at all so you leave wet footprints across the bathroom, gathering crud that has to be rewashed off and dried before you can put then in your socks/shoes.
How interesting.....I grab a towel and start to dry myself in the shower (water off obviously) then get out of the shower and stand on the end of the towel, therefore the bottom of my feet are dry immediately. Then use the rest of the towel to finish off dryIng myself. I thought everyone did it that way.

Mousie
x
It depends how long your hair is: I have very long hair which is impossible to dry within the confines of the shower. I have to step out on the bathmat, bend double so my hair doesn't stick to my back, towel dry it once, quickly dry the rest of me and then wrap the towel around my head to soak up the drips before leaving the bathroom. I don't dry my feet because I don't want to wrap my nice, clean hair in Essence of Feet. You're probably wondering why I don't use a second towel for my hair... I could, but with 5 of us in the family, that's already a lot of towels clogging up the bathroom. I also don't fancy wrapping my hair in their, invariably 'ripe' Essence of Feet :wink:
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

Aren't your feet clean when you get out of the shower?
gh

Post by gh »

We had 3 girls and myself all with long hair in our home, before the girls left to marry.
These are what we all used after washing our hair, they take up no space at all and dry v quickly.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Noker-Microfib ... +hair+wrap

I always take one away with me on holiday.

Edit- our holiday home has tiled floors very dangerous with a high risk of slipping, when walking with wet feet. We also point this out to guests when coming inside after being in the pool, ensure your feet are dry!
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

gh wrote: Edit- our holiday home has tiled floors very dangerous with a high risk of slipping, when walking with wet feet. We also point this out to guests when coming inside after being in the pool, ensure your feet are dry!
I think you ought to do something about the tiles. It's all very well telling people, but the guests hear their mobile phone ringing inside and run inside without thinking...

Or a child spills some water on the tiles and doesn't clear it up ...
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

GillianF wrote:Aren't your feet clean when you get out of the shower?
Just what I was going to say :lol: No essence of feet for me :D

As for tiles. ..they can be a problem, even though ours are proper floor tiles with the right texture they can still be slippy on occason dending in footware. I leave a load of old towels and tell people to put them on the floor on the terrace where the kids might run with wet feet.....so it stops them slipping.

Mouse (with tiny feet :lol: )
x
p.s. I do use a seperate hair towel as I hate hair getting on me from the towel after drying my hair. Have always meant to buy one of those hair wraps....my sister swears by them.