1 Star Review on HomeAway. Help!!

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

No ticked. Your photos non alignment are making my OCD hurt.
AppletreeGlamping

Post by AppletreeGlamping »

Hi

Can I ask without being flamed! You mention she complained about the wifi and the air con, yet her review/complaint doesn't make any mention of that. Maybe she reflected on that and realised she was being a little crazy.

The complaint is around a shower head being rusty and the furniture old and uncomfortable. The pictures in your listing don't show the bathroom facilities so I would feel slightly edgy that you might be hiding something.

Overall I doubt it will impact your bookings but being objective there is a gap there you could cover off. She complained about the bathrooms and you have no pictures of the bathrooms and if the shower head is rusty its a quick win to change it.

Hope that is helpful feedback
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

That's currently 27x 'No' on your HA listing, bluebell...
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

AngloDutch wrote:That's currently 27x 'No' on your HA listing, bluebell...
And now, on 3/10/18, it reads: "This property doesn't have any reviews yet!" :o
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

AndrewH wrote:
I suspect that all the 'No's have resulted in HA thinking that you are trying to manipulate the review system so they have removed them ...
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

So can the people who wrote the nice reviews be asked to resubmit??
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

newtimber wrote:
AndrewH wrote:
I suspect that all the 'No's have resulted in HA thinking that you are trying to manipulate the review system so they have removed them ...
Yikes. I'm sorry for initiating this if that is the case.

Mind you, it's pretty disgusting if HA just removed all your reviews without any contact with you. I do hope that you will get in touch with them for clarification.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

I have many US friends, but for some complaining is a way of life. They find it very easy to return food in a restaurant which isn't to their liking. One of my worst guests was an American working in UK. She escalated a simple question about wifi to airbnb within a few hours, apparently she didn't like the way I asked her to describe the symptoms, and didn;t like the fact that I did not respond to her email at 10pm Saturday until 10am Sunday.

She refused to communicate with me, so everything had to be done via airbnb (who were very helpful).

Of course, every tiny imperfection generated a review criticism.

Gradually selling up, can't deal with the bad guests anymore.
Codliveroil

Post by Codliveroil »

No ticked. Probably related to you know who, :lol:
limousin-cottage

Post by limousin-cottage »

Nigel Goodwin wrote:I have many US friends, but for some complaining is a way of life. They find it very easy to return food in a restaurant which isn't to their liking. One of my worst guests was an American working in UK. She escalated a simple question about wifi to airbnb within a few hours, apparently she didn't like the way I asked her to describe the symptoms, and didn;t like the fact that I did not respond to her email at 10pm Saturday until 10am Sunday.

She refused to communicate with me, so everything had to be done via airbnb (who were very helpful).

Of course, every tiny imperfection generated a review criticism.

Gradually selling up, can't deal with the bad guests anymore.
In 8 years of letting, and countless 5* reviews on many sites, I have only ever had one American guest stay in my cottage. Goodness me - although I am sure they can't possibly all be the same, it has put me off ever letting to an American again. I bent over backwards to help this woman with her visa application, paid customs duty on parcels she sent from the US for her stay, and even provided extra bedding free of charge when she had friends come over to stay with her. When she left the cottage was in a deplorable state. It was filthy! It took me several days to get the cottage clean. She had been cleaning her artist materials in the bathroom sink, and splashed paint all over the thick pile bathroom mats. The colour of the inside of the shower was, frankly, disgusting. The kitchen sink had only ever been cleaned during her long stay when she kept blocking the sink with food scraps and coffee solids and I went in to clean it. She complained about how long the washing machine programme took. Said that it kept stopping. I went in several times and used it to check, and never found an issue with it. In fact, it's been in constant use by guests ever since, and not one guest has reported a fault. She complained constantly that the cottage was cold and dark - but wouldn't use the logburning stove correctly. She even complained to me about the price of electricity, AND the price of petrol for her car! I have never been so glad to see the back of a guest! Sorry to any Americans reading this, as I am sure you can't possibly all be the same.