ERP-Conforme - has anyone else done this?

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Dusty

ERP-Conforme - has anyone else done this?

Post by Dusty »

I received a letter today from ERP-Conforme basically saying that we are not registered and warning us of fines if we don't register. Has anyone else been through the process and can you tell us what the implications are please.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

Only this morning I heard of someone being contacted by ERP-Conforme and attaching a very official looking letter they had received. They were suspicious and contacted a local advice centre who said it is a scam.

Be cautious and check with your Mairie if you are in doubt/worried.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Thanks Gillian, my first thoughts were that it was a scam but having closer look I was less convinced. It is very convincing, the reason I was still dubious was that the only way to contact them was via telephone, no web site, no email, nothing. I will talk to our Mairie and, if she confirms it's a scam I will put it into the scam section here also.
Circé

Post by Circé »

It's a SCAM. 100% scam, no need to trouble your Mairie.
There are plenty of warnings about this on the net, and Chambres de Métiers have sent out warnings too.
They are purporting to supply you with a conformity report vis à vis access to your premises for the handicapped
See for ex this warning on a French govt website
https://www.economie.gouv.fr/dgccrf/arn ... essibilite
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Thanks for the clarification Circé, I did a bit of googling myself and found warnings on the police website. I was planning to see our Mairie tomorrow but won't bother now. It's good that it has been raised and clarified here so that others can be warned.