French Accountant Costs

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
doleawg

French Accountant Costs

Post by doleawg »

We have a leaseback in France. Mortgage exceed rental so we dont' make a profit, we have had the place 10 years.

When we bought we were recommended Group MG accountants. https://www.my-mg.com/groupe-mg/ I have spoken occasionally to them and they are helpful but reality is they send me some forms every year, I sign some stuff, scan some things and then they send me a bill.

Just had this years bill for their services and it is 451 euro

Is this a lot? I'm lazy so its convenient and am not desperate to change but interested in anyone elses ideas & being France always a potential that I must use an accountant or something like that.
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

Our expert comptable charges 350€ per hour, and they don't get the tax return in on time (450€ majoration / amande this year), despite having the figures at the end of May.

I don't think what you're paying is unreasonable (for France), and your tax investigation insurance is included.

If they haven't let you down, you're probably OK.
doleawg

Post by doleawg »

Zingara wrote:Our expert comptable charges 350€ per hour, and they don't get the tax return in on time (450€ majoration / amande this year), despite having the figures at the end of May.

I don't think what you're paying is unreasonable (for France), and your tax investigation insurance is included.

If they haven't let you down, you're probably OK.
Thanks, happy with that, sound advice.
declanja

Post by declanja »

I use an Irish company as I live in Ireland and their yearly charges are about that. I had to pay more in year 1 with additional set up fees.
doleawg

Post by doleawg »

declanja wrote:I use an Irish company as I live in Ireland and their yearly charges are about that. I had to pay more in year 1 with additional set up fees.
Thanks. Live in the UK but use a French accountant, doesn't cause an issue?