Sofa ideas

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Rosehill

Post by Rosehill »

Thanks all. The Ektorp does look nice the only thing is we are too keen on Ikea and having to assemble the sofa ourselves. Can anyone recommend a ready made 3 seater sofa?
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

Not much assembly to do as I recall for Ektorp - I think just had to screw on the feet and put the covers on (but it was 11 years ago)
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

I agree with Dotty. The only assembly is screwing on the feet and putting the covers on. Much easier than building a bed or chest of drawers ………..
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

We bought an Ektorp for ourselves this summer but have decided against putting several of them into our accommodation, as we don't think that they are strong enough to withstand being pounced on by the littler guests who might decide to use them as an indoor trampoline.

As we accept children of all ages, as well as dogs, we have long been in a bit of a dilemma as to whether to go for new fabric sofas or leather sofas.

I have just recently checked the old fabric sofas in the guest sitting room and although they are have thick covers, the actual sofas underneath are filthy dirty from liquid stains where obviously everything including glasses of red wine have been spilt on them.

Although leather sofas will be more prone to scratch damage from dogs, I think leather will be a better choice when you are dealing with large groups.

Also, if you are looking to replace sofas (and beds), don't forget to think about the legs. Long, thin legs are of course more prone to snapping, not just from kids jumping on them, but also from heavier guests collapsing onto them. We have lost several legs this way, with our sofas/beds becoming extremely damaged due to wooden and metal legs shearing off and taking parts of the bases with them.

Plus, the 'metal bar'-type feet that many sofas now have. I have no idea how that would work in combination with a wooden floor and several heavy guests perched above.