BookHolidaysRental

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Quiterio

BookHolidaysRental

Post by Quiterio »

I'm getting the hard sell from the above company which claims to be part of the Expedia group.

On the surface of it, it sounds like a good deal. The company offers their travellers a deal with the flight and the car-hire bundled into the package. For the host it's subscription only, and they have an introductory deal of $100 for the first year. They even offer a guaranteed level of bookings, or your money back! The website looks professional, and they do all the work setting up your advert.

They don't block your communication with your customer, encourage you to take payment direct from your customer, and even say that they don't like the way that HomeAway etc operate.

However, because it's subscription, they are looking for money upfront, and the nagging phone call makes me very suspicious.

Any feedback would be welcome.
jafa

Post by jafa »

Ive never heard of them but if they are part of the expedia group, it goes against their principals re client contact etc . Ironic that they are bringing it in to all other parts of the group.
Jafa
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

If they are part of the Expedia group as they tell you, but don't like HomeAway's method of operation, I would be even more suspicious, because HomeAway also belongs to Expedia.

You could check them out on TrustPilot. There are no reviews there for "bookholidayrentals", but reviews from owners for "bookholidayrental" and "bookholidaysrental" are revealing. :o
Quiterio

Post by Quiterio »

Thanks Andrew

Yes, my mistake. It was BookHolidaysRental

Those Trustpilot posts confirmed my suspicions.

Interesting, because their agent is very well informed, and their site looks extremely kosher.

I consider myself warned off!