Google-Hotel-Ads

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Aldo

Google-Hotel-Ads

Post by Aldo »

It's so frustrating. For some time I managed to get found on Google through making my website better. Now that Google has realised it can make money from this, it has introduced Google Hotel Ads. The funny thing is that my property is featured when, say, you look up "boutique holiday accommodation malta". It's sometimes at the top of the box with "Places near Malta" as its title. You click on my property and it takes you to a page with many hotels but my property is nowhere to be seen. You then realise you've got to press the "Vacation Rentals" link at the top, which takes you to rentals but my property is again nowhere to be seen. All the properties there have a value next to them, which means they're somehow paying to be there.

So, how does one play to their rules and pay to be there? One has to join the Google-Hotel-Ads. Apparently there are more than one way of having a presence there. One of them is to pay a partner of GHA.

Has anyone tried? What would you suggest is the easiest way to get there. I asked my booking software supplier HolidayBookingsOnline if they had any intention of becoming partners with GHA and they said they had no plans to do so.

Would love to hear what others think.

Regards,

Aldo
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Aldo, I cannot fathom the Google free system on this and I am left wondering whether they can understand it themselves. I think they use different methods for different destinations and the whole business is still a work in progress. I am not tempted to do their paid ads. in any form; Facebook would prove better for that in my opinion, if one wants to go down that road.