Guest books - what do you use?

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Dusty

Guest books - what do you use?

Post by Dusty »

For the past 5 years we have been using a booklet style book, personalised via Vistaprint, but this is now becoming very tatty and we are looking for an alternative. I would like something that is leather bound that will last but the only place I can find something like that is on line and they are quite expensive and I would like to see what I am buying before I lay the money down, especially as I want it personalised so it would be difficult to return. Do you have any recommendations or alternatives that you think would be suitable?

Many thanks in advance
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Personally, I favoured a spiral-bound hardback. If necessary, pages could be inexplicably (and untraceably) lost. :roll:
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
CarolineJ

Post by CarolineJ »

I use the Out of Eden one, but I don't think they've got the option to personalise them:

https://www.outofeden.co.uk/products/60 ... guest-book
Faint heart never won fair holiday let...
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

I just use a really pretty guest book that was a gift to us. RHS or NT or something - flower prints interleaved with lined pages. Looks gorgeous and is a very inviting book to read and to write in.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Thanks for your views. We have got spiral bound books at the moment, bought precisely for the reason you state Moliere, so that you can remove pages without too much trouble (kids scribbling in them is the usual reason) but they are getting 'tired' after 5 years and need replacing.
I want something that's personlised to the gites and would like to see something that looks 'special' thinking that if it looks nice then people will look after it better.
If I find something really worthwhile I'll share it on here.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Vistaprint will create a blank page book for you and you can have a photo of your property on the front. Worth a look.
Fleur
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Hi all, just thought I'd give you an update on this subject. I eventually some guests books from 'Not on the High Street', from a lady called Amanda Hancocks. They weren't cheap but I am very pleased with them.

Please note that I am not connected with Not on the high street nor Amanda Hancocks, just a satisfied customer wanting to pass on a tip.
aasta

Post by aasta »

we are on our 11th guestbook ...all are from Paperblanks ordered on Internet...lovely leather the Grande Edition unlined with about 128 pages
aasta
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

aasta wrote:we are on our 11th guestbook ...all are from Paperblanks ordered on Internet...lovely leather the Grande Edition unlined with about 128 pages
Thank you aasta for your reply. I have had a look at Paperblanks but they don't have an online store in France but they do have a supplier close to us so will have a look next time we're passing.

As a matter of interest, since you're on your 11th book, do you transfer the old comments/reviews into a new book or do you start a new book with nothing in it?
aasta

Post by aasta »

We start new book with nothing in it......there is a shelf under the sign in table where all the books are...so guests can peruse if interested
aasta