Diverting homeaway enquiries

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Igor

Diverting homeaway enquiries

Post by Igor »

I think it's time for a little update on what I'm up to...

You already know StaySavr? If not, please look it up. It is the nemesis of homeawry and it's been around now for about 20 months. Although it works well, there are not enough people who know about it for it to make a real difference.

It is popular enough with owners (over 1000 members) but it's the low proportion of travelers knowing about it that makes the main parts of StaySavr sadly ineffective.

Some of you know about the dìšguîşeƌ tēxƫ facility which enables you to sneak your email address, phone number or URL through the homeawry platform and quite a few people are using that to divert enquiries.

Now there's something new which gives travelers the opportunity to contact you directly even though they have never heard of StaySavr. Like most of StaySavr's features it's not easy to explain but I'll have a go:

In your homearwy listing, you put a few extra words in the description. For example:
... It will be hard to tear the kids away from the "Schnod Pit"...
where there's a totally made up word in there: Schnod. There are no schnods, folks. I checked. The wording is designed to sound enticing so a curious guest might then Google "Schnod Pit". And what does he get back from Google? Just two pages: one is the Homeaway listing page, the other is a StaySavr Diversion page which looks like a listing page with prices, calendar, enquiry form and has your direct contact details.

It certainly won't work every time but even if it does the trick one time in 100, that's a result.
Igor lives in Fort StaySavr, a secret location high in the mountains
Bordering

Post by Bordering »

Good on you. It's a shame it has to come down to this. People used to own their advertising; now they're just bullied by corporations.