Non professional Siret registration

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
bornintheuk

Re: Non professional Siret registration

Post by bornintheuk »

vacancesthezan wrote:
bornintheuk wrote:
paolo wrote: You would only be paying CFE if you are registered as a business (entreprise). But you don't need to be an entreprise to rent a gite.
Well according to my local tax office where I have just come back from a meeting they consider that running a couple of "meubles de tourisme" constitutes a business and therefore I have been allocated a Siren number and because my commune has decided to apply the CFE, they could have decided not to, then I am liable to pay.
Because I pay CFE I do not have to pay Taxe de Habitation on the 2 batiments that constitute the rented properties.

I would check with your local tax office to find out why you have not got a Siren number for running a business.
It is our understanding that there are rules about what you can earn before you become professional. Here is an explanation copied from the Impots site:

"Un loueur en meublé est professionnel lorsque les trois conditions suivantes sont remplies :

un membre du foyer fiscal au moins est inscrit au registre du commerce et des sociétés en qualité de loueur professionnel ;
les recettes annuelles retirées de cette activité par l’ensemble des membres du foyer excèdent 23 000 € sur l'année civile ;
ces recettes excèdent les revenus du foyer fiscal soumis à l’impôt sur le revenu dans les catégories des traitements et salaires, des bénéfices industriels et commerciaux (autres que ceux tirés de l’activité de location meublée), des bénéfices agricoles et des bénéfices non commerciaux.

Dans le cas où l'une de ces conditions n'est pas remplie, le loueur est considéré comme un loueur non professionnel."

Therefore being professional or non professional is not necessarily a choice! Maybe the revenu from your 2 gites exceeds the levels allowed to be non Prof.

VT
I wish !
I am non-professional and declare revenue in that box on the tax form.
If you read the information that I posted the link to there is no mention of minimum revenue to be attained to receive a Siren number. Its just the rules, like it or not and ignore if you want to but be aware of the regulations.
ref Demarches aupres des Impots
The first line of explanation in English is as follows
You must apply for registration in the INSEE's Siren Registry. This formality is free of charge.
What would Plato do ?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I was allocated a SIREN back in 2008, I have never earned anywhere ner that amount.