HA and property managers

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Nigel Goodwin

HA and property managers

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

There seem to be many permutations in the deals HA offer, so I thought I would share.

I stopped using HA a couple of years ago because they promised to advertise my properties on OD and failed to do so.

Roll on.

I have 5 properties and manage them through SuperControl.

I wanted to re advertise with HA.

I had a telephone conversation with HA support in UK. They told me I could be on commission or subscription. Subscription is around £250 p.a. There said there was no difference in ranking between the two.

My Supercontrol/HA link is two way, so rates and bookings are synchronised and many of the property details are managed through the Supercontrol interface.

I asked them how payments are dealt with and when I get paid. The answer surprised me. The payments are done directly with me, no Yapstone or HA payments. I get paid as soon as guest pays. HA get commission directly from the guest.

I use PayPal or direct bank transfer.

It seemed too good to be true, I will update when the actuality confirms the promises. I'm not sure exactly how it will work.

But it does make me wonder whether small groups should get together to advertise and get the property manager benefits.
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

Hi Nigel, Is that £250 per property or in total? I think I paid £250 for the first property then an additional smaller fee for the second. The problem with that approach is they come under the same listing.

I plan to go to commission at renewal at the moment as they have provided very little in the way of bookings.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Nigel do you get full guest details?
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

It is £249 per property. I don't know about guest details, I am kinda hesitatnt to say anything until I have first hand experience. They said that I would handle the payments, but I am not sure about that until I see it.

I am cautious because in 2016 they promised my properties would go onto OD but they didn't.

Trust is easy to loose but hard to gain.

A bit more background - in 2016 after bad experiences with both HA and TA, I moved my properties to airbnb which seemed to be fine. However, I had several recent bad experiences with guests for one property which resulted in two terrible reviews, so airbnb dropped off the cliff for that property, and I had to find an alternative.

The bad reviews were a bit of he say/she say. One of the reviewers was trying to pull a trick, I promised a refund of around £100, he agreed to pull the review, but it was too late.

The other review was because, IMHO, the airbnb email system failed to transfer my email to the guest who made a last minute booking, so he never got check in details. I was also away on a business trip for my day job and didn't check my phone. Moral is to have at least two contact phone numbers.

Watch this space.
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

It seems to work OK. There's lots on the HA dashboard I don't like, but i got an enquiry, I got the email address and they paid me directly according to my terms.

So basically how OD used to be.

Difficult to say whether subscription comes below commission on advert rankings.