Listing sites for UK

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
rosebud

Listing sites for UK

Post by rosebud »

Has anyone used either of the following sites:

Quirky accommodation and One Off places?
Cool Stays?

Would be very interested to know whether they generated bookings
Last edited by rosebud on Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandra J

Post by Sandra J »

Quirky accommodation has brought in bookings for a friend of mine with a Shepherds Hut. I am currently listed with One Off Places and have had a few enquires although none turned into bookings because they were for dates already booked despite my calendar being up to date. I won’t be renewing with them.
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Thanks Sandra

I may give One Off Places a go if they will accept me, although there is no use of iCal which isn't good.

Jenny
Sandra J

Post by Sandra J »

Rosebud, no chance of double booking as an enquiry from One Off Places will be sent to you and then you have to contact the guest about booking. You then have to go back to One Off Places website and next to Enquiry tell them if it turned into a booking or not. If it is a booking they will want their commission and if not they contact the guest to confirm you did not get a booking.
psh

One Off Places

Post by psh »

We signed up with One Off Places about 5 years ago and it has only generated one booking and that was made in the first year - nothing since. We are selling our place in France so we won't be using them any more and although the team were very helpful I wouldn't recommend this company.
stewart-sandeman

Post by stewart-sandeman »

I have found that cool places have an amazing relationship with the press and for me have delivered articles is several national newspapers about the property - (2x in daily telegraph, 1 x evening standard and 1 x independent)

see http://www.ardnish.org/press.php

OK the houses are very quirky - access by boat only, and very remote - but this exposure has delivered three years with 100% occupancy - so very hard to fault that exposure, and record. May be less good for an average property - hard to know

I have very little success with one off places - promised a lot but very poor volumes of enquiries.

Peter
Teguise

Post by Teguise »

Listed with Cool Stays for 2 years and got nothing out of it. Guess location/property type dictates the news and PR value.
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Many thanks for helpful feedback.

Cool Stays have said they would take me on if I got new photos and offered to recommend a photographer.

I was planning to have new photos taken anyway so will use the photographer they suggested unless particularly expensive. May or may not list with them subsequently.