Booking agent responsibility?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Kilm

Booking agent responsibility?

Post by Kilm »

Long story short, the local booking agent we use has changed their contract T&C's to wash their hands of anything in terms of disputes, etc. They push it right back on to the owner if the guest isn't happy with anything

That's fine to an extent, I have a property management team who deal with all this stuff.

My question is this:

Dog allergies.

My let is pet friendly. It's advertised as pet friendly in three separate places on it's listing, very clearly - yet the agent has nothing stipulating it may not be suitable for people with dog allergies and I when I suggested this, they kyboshed it as overkill.

So if a guest complains about the odd stray dog hair and having allergens would you say that is the fault of:

A: The booking agent
B: Me as the owner

Thoughts?
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

I’d suggest that if a guest has special needs it’s up to them to make those needs known and establish the suitability of any property for themselves.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

All my lets are dog friendly and obviously so. I don't state that they may not be suitable for people with allergies as I'd expect some common sense to kick in along the way on the part of the guest. You're not disguising it from being pet friendly, so the odd pet hair is almost unavoidable, hard as we might try to remove every last bit between guests.
CSE

Post by CSE »

I'd expect some common sense to kick in
Really? when you read the issues some owners have with guests I do not think this something to rely on.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

You'll be fine - if you clearly advertise as pet friendly, an allergy sufferer wouldn't have a leg to stand on if they tried to sue.