Sabine Bougerolle

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Ecosse

Sabine Bougerolle

Post by Ecosse »

Has anyone in France received this one? The more I look at it, the more I'm convinced it's a scam (dodgy French, her name as the recipient list and seemingly flexible on dates)... it's just that we do often get requests for 3 weeks due to there being a thermal baths nearby that has a 3 week treatment programme. Genuine 'curistes' tend to mention this and aren't flexible on dates though.

Thoughts anyone?

Bonjour Mr / Mme

Pourrais - Je avoir sur une durée de 14 ou 21 nuitées de votre location chambres d’hôtes pour deux personnes pour la période du
04/05/2019 au 25/05/2019. Cette période est elle disponible ?
- Si oui quel est le devis total de ma location.
- Si non faites moi part de vos disponibilités à venir SVP .
Dans l'attente de vous lire.
Cordialement
Mr et Mme BOUGEROLLE
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

Whoever wrote that is not French. Did you look at where the IP address came from? At a guess, West Africa.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
Martha

Post by Martha »

"Mr / Mme" ? I don't think so!
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

I don't seem to be able to look at the IP address with our email set up but you're probably right, Oasiscouple... it's probably African.

Martha... yes, I noticed the 'Mr', however very occasionally we do get a genuine enquiry with this in place of the usual 'M' so that alone didn't ring alarm bells. Coupled with the rest though, it smells fishy...!

Thanks!