CROATIA

For topics that are specific to a country not covered above, please go here.
Little Villa

Croatia

Post by Little Villa »

Hi Satruncica and welcome to LMH. Your apartment looks great. We have been to Zadar and thought it was beautiful.

We have a property in Istria and currently list with OD and Fewo-Direkt too. We get some bookings from OD but this year we had NO enquiries at all from Fewo-Direkt. We also advertise on Ferienhausmiete.de and we have had some bookings from them. Our experience has been good with this site and it has recently been improved with room for 20 photos.

We are also interested in having Scandinavian guests and have listed on Stugsidan.se. We have had a couple of enquiries but they didn’t come to anything.

We get bookings through our own website too.

Good luck. Ginny
Satruncica

Re: Croatia

Post by Satruncica »

Little Villa on a Hill wrote:Hi Satruncica and welcome to LMH. Your apartment looks great. We have been to Zadar and thought it was beautiful.

We have a property in Istria and currently list with OD and Fewo-Direkt too. We get some bookings from OD but this year we had NO enquiries at all from Fewo-Direkt. We also advertise on Ferienhausmiete.de and we have had some bookings from them. Our experience has been good with this site and it has recently been improved with room for 20 photos.

We are also interested in having Scandinavian guests and have listed on Stugsidan.se. We have had a couple of enquiries but they didn’t come to anything.

We get bookings through our own website too.

Good luck. Ginny
Thank you Ginny
Here in Croatia much depende upon your location. In Istria you are close to Austria and Italy and have probably mostly guests coming with their cars. Here in Zadar we depend upon low cost carriers, especially Ryanair flying UK citizens to our town from April until October. Should the arrangement with Ryanair fail, we would be in lot of trouble. This is why I advertise on OD. Ryanair connects Zadar with a couple of Norwegian cities, and I asked a Norwegian lady (through Tripadvisor) where Norwegian people look for their rentals. She suggested a norwegien site (finn or something) but since it is exclusively in norwegian I could not get a decent description and did not understand what they wanted from me.
Fewo is getting rather expensive if you want your listing to be among the first 50 lets say.I have heard that traum-ferienwohnungen is getting better and I will try to list there.
pambon

Post by pambon »

Anyone near the Plitvice National Park
Little Villa

Plitvice

Post by Little Villa »

Hi Pambon

Nobody has popped up so I thought I would reply. Our house isn't actually near Plitvice; its a good 2 and half hours' drive, but pm me if you want to chat.

Ginny
pambon

Post by pambon »

Hi Ginny,
Thanks for replying. Seems a long way from the National Park which is what I would be interested in. Makes for a long day if I have to travel five hours in total. Can one visit the park in one day because it looks too big to do in one day?
Little Villa

Plitvice

Post by Little Villa »

Yes it is a big place and when we went we bought a 2 day pass, which I think, maybe is normal. We stayed the night at a pansion. We really enjoyed it - lots of walking. There are 2 hotels there and if you look on the official Plitvice website you will see other accommodation listed.
pambon

Post by pambon »

Ok thanks for that info.
croatian_villa

Post by croatian_villa »

Hi there. I also rent out a house in Croatia in Dalmatia near Split.
Happy to collaborate and swap ideas. Interested to hear how you increase bookings. Any strategies? I list on multiple sites and allow bookings direct on my website

I think its almost time for this forum to have a Croatia thread don't you?
Croatia is very popular for summer tourists now. Personally I think its a great location for holidays and there are many direct flights. Split airport has had huge investment and is doubling in size due to the demand.

villa split croatia