360 degree photos and Video tour

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
david a

360 degree photos and Video tour

Post by david a »

Hello guys

I have just put some 360 degree tour photos on my site and also a video and would like to get some feedback.

i like it personally but would like your views

www.cyprusseaviews.co.uk/html/video.html
www.cyprusseaviews.co.uk/html/360_degree_tour.html

Regards

David a
enid

Post by enid »

Hi - can't comment on the video as I have mac so don't use IE. The 360 looks fine but it takes ages to load and I wouldn't normally wait that long I'm afraid. I'm not sure that it adds more than several clear easily viewed shots. Sorry that's a bit negative.
mario

Post by mario »

Well the video loaded fine for me I suppose it depends on how quick your computer is and mine is fairly quick,360 degree pics looked fine to me although they looked a little unreal ie a bit over grey.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi David

I've seen a few stunning 360 pans that have knocked me out, but these have been sophisticated professional products. I don't think there is much point to most three-sixties because - as Enid says - you can do a better job with a couple of carefully thought-out conventional photos.

The shooting position for pans (preferably an elevated platform) is absolutely vital for success. A 360 photo is a hostage to fortune because it includes everything in its sweep -the good, the bad and the ugly. Only if you have a stunning location for the total 360 degrees, does it work IMO. On your pool pan - once the camera has swung past the pool - you're left with acres of pool terrace, an unattractive wall and a pretty dreary view in the background.

Your video seemed to be a series of still shots, some of which moved a little. And the loading time for the pans (on my fast connection) is too long for most visitors who are flicking through sites.

Sorry to be negative. I think, if you want to go beyond the 'conventional' still photo, there has to be a good reason other than it just looks a bit funky.

Jim
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I quite liked the Video tour (not so much the 360 degree). The music and the storyline put one right into the property and into the holiday mood. Relaxing and very pleasurable.

Now the downsides on the video:

It was very long. I didn't watch it thru to the end, and got impatient so started browsing round the site. On the one hand, this is a pity, cos you tell a nice story in sequence, on the other hand, you did have me on your site in a good mood. Still, possibly shorten it by cutting some shots ?
Many of the pictures are of low quality. Not nearly as good as the pictures in your gallery. Is this the technology used for creating the video or are the originals not up to scratch ?
Remember many visitors to your website may not have a very large hi res screen. They may have to scroll down to see the video. I wonder if you need all that space above - in particular the warning about IE is very prominent. Needs some experimentation and testing. I'd use 1024 X 768 as a norm, but remember also to add all the toolbars in the browser that many people now use :shock: .
david a

Post by david a »

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to review these pages for me and for being honest in your comments

To be honest i know the 360 shots are not as good as i had hoped, it was a bright day but to hazey and i also agree the positioning is not good. Perhaps the more conventional shots give you a better feel for the house but many people ask us about building work in the area so hopefully they show it to be clear.

It is true most of the 360 samples out there are of stunning properties but the price often reflects this i was wondering if any else knew of any 360 examples on similar priced properties to ours and if they found it a help or hindrance.

We made the video as a bit of fun after our son showed us how to use power point (9 years old) and our nephew told us it was easy to put on the website, i think the quality gets lost when you resize it, but as you said e-richard i think it does create a mellow mood and not somethink you see on many rental websites (maybe for good reason) so hopefully offers a bit of interest.

Would like to see if you have anything like this on your sites

Regards

David