Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Guest books - what do you use?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dusty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: Guest books - what do you use? Reply with quote

For the past 5 years we have been using a booklet style book, personalised via Vistaprint, but this is now becoming very tatty and we are looking for an alternative. I would like something that is leather bound that will last but the only place I can find something like that is on line and they are quite expensive and I would like to see what I am buying before I lay the money down, especially as I want it personalised so it would be difficult to return. Do you have any recommendations or alternatives that you think would be suitable?

Many thanks in advance
Moliere

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I favoured a spiral-bound hardback. If necessary, pages could be inexplicably (and untraceably) lost. Rolling Eyes
CarolineJ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Out of Eden one, but I don't think they've got the option to personalise them:

https://www.outofeden.co.uk/products/6015/out-of-eden-visitors-guest-book
SPJ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use a really pretty guest book that was a gift to us. RHS or NT or something - flower prints interleaved with lined pages. Looks gorgeous and is a very inviting book to read and to write in.
Dusty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your views. We have got spiral bound books at the moment, bought precisely for the reason you state Moliere, so that you can remove pages without too much trouble (kids scribbling in them is the usual reason) but they are getting 'tired' after 5 years and need replacing.
I want something that's personlised to the gites and would like to see something that looks 'special' thinking that if it looks nice then people will look after it better.
If I find something really worthwhile I'll share it on here.
Fleur

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vistaprint will create a blank page book for you and you can have a photo of your property on the front. Worth a look.
Dusty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, just thought I'd give you an update on this subject. I eventually some guests books from 'Not on the High Street', from a lady called Amanda Hancocks. They weren't cheap but I am very pleased with them.

Please note that I am not connected with Not on the high street nor Amanda Hancocks, just a satisfied customer wanting to pass on a tip.
aasta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are on our 11th guestbook ...all are from Paperblanks ordered on Internet...lovely leather the Grande Edition unlined with about 128 pages
Dusty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aasta wrote:
we are on our 11th guestbook ...all are from Paperblanks ordered on Internet...lovely leather the Grande Edition unlined with about 128 pages

Thank you aasta for your reply. I have had a look at Paperblanks but they don't have an online store in France but they do have a supplier close to us so will have a look next time we're passing.

As a matter of interest, since you're on your 11th book, do you transfer the old comments/reviews into a new book or do you start a new book with nothing in it?
aasta

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We start new book with nothing in it......there is a shelf under the sign in table where all the books are...so guests can peruse if interested
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> The Cafe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: