Cancellation B n B

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
Happy Days

Cancellation B n B

Post by Happy Days »

Hi would appreciate some advice.
We are a small B&B and have received a booking for 1 night
In July from b dot com. Already had this booked but for some reason it has not registered on their page. Can I decline the booking or will I have to pay. The other booking is for 4 nights and is private.
Has another ever refused a booking and how is it dealt with.

Thank you for your advice. :?:
CSE

Post by CSE »

Read the T&Cs you signed up too.
https://admin.booking.com/hotelreg/term ... =en;cc1=fr
Article 2.6 maybe of intrest
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Happy Days

Post by Happy Days »

Many thanks, I thought this is the case, will have to sort it out.
The guest has cancellation rights up to 7 days beforehand.
Appreciate you early response. :?
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

The BC dashboard can be annoying, at times, can't it? We received a booking for a couple of nights in April next year when we thought all of our rooms were blocked indefinitely... it turned out that because we had changed the details of a room from a 4 bed to a 3 bed on the dashboard, it had 'opened' the room at the same time! On that occasion I requested to cancel, as it was so far in advance, and it was within an hour. A 'cancelled booking' email came through, but I don't know how that worked... perhaps the potential guest received an email saying 'the owner wishes to cancel'?

You could try the above or you could contact the guest and explain that you've made a mistake. Considering July's still quite a way away, the guests might be understanding and go ahead and cancel. If not, I'd speak to a local hotel/B&B (if there are others in your area) and see if you can get them booked in there. You will have to pay the difference, though. I've had to do this twice, and on both occasions, the guests were happy with the change of venue.
Happy Days

Post by Happy Days »

Thanks for your advice, the client has requested a late check in which I have not confirmed yet. So perhaps they might cancel.
I think maybe contacting them might be my best option.
The annoying thing they can cancel up to 7 days before.
I always block booking before I accept a private booking in case this happens. I shall have to be more careful when blocking bookings.