Booking.com guest not responding

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
kendalcottages

Booking.com guest not responding

Post by kendalcottages »

Hi there

We joined Booking.com recently and took our first booking through the site for guests who are due to visit quite soon. Since we do not usually welcome guests on arrival, we need the booker's postal address in order to send them a keycard and instructions so that they can gain access themselves. I've tried messaging the guest several times through the Booking.com website but get no response. Similarly, all the emails I have from Booking.com seem to be from noreply@... so I have no apparent means of getting support on how to contact this guest. Has anyone else faced a similar situation, or is there a point of contact (preferably an email address - I'm overseas at the moment) that I can use, do you know? Or any other suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

Paul
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

You can usually get BC to contact the guest. Semd them a message through your Extranet.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

There's also a phone number in there too.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Bookings advice to the guest is:
Please be aware that email communication generated by the accommodation will be sent via Booking.com on their behalf. Booking.com cannot be held accountable for the content of the communication. If you suspect that the content of the communication is inappropriate, suspicious or contains spam, we ask that you report this information by clicking on the link located at the bottom right corner of the email.
Maybe they are stick to this and feel it is unwarranted.
Phone numbers for Booking explained here.
https://contactnumbers.buzz/booking/
Side note if you have guests addresses on your on any IT equipment you have to abide by GDPR practices. Good luck with that one!

So as an alternative to complying with GDPR. You can choose to accept reservations with address included. Go to your extranet. to set it up. Paper copies are not so onerous.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

I require Booking.com guests to provide an address and telephone number before they can book as well as full cc details including CVC.

Saves a lot of trouble! It may lose me the odd booking but I don't get the timewasters
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

if you telephone Booking.com or contact them through your extranet they will contact the guest for you
also moving forward if you contact your account manager and explain your business set up that you need to contact the guest for key access maybe they can find a solution
or you can but these instructions on your booking information for the guest to read
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

The truth is the best German wine remains in Germany
So forget your memories of Blue Nun & Black Tower
CSE

Post by CSE »

I said paper copies of personal details are not so onerous. Well some people are really foolish. But I can not image anyone here doing this sort of thing.
https://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_audi ... rsing-home
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

CSE wrote:I said paper copies of personal details are not so onerous.
So if I stayed with you a few years ago - can't remember when - and asked what personal data you are holding on me and request you delete anything that is not essential for your accounting records - you would be able to do this easily with your paper records?
CSE

Post by CSE »

but you did not stay. so you have no problem. :lol: