anybody changed ownership with b.com?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
carolinec

anybody changed ownership with b.com?

Post by carolinec »

I am selling my property, it has a lot of bookings ahead on b.com. The new owner is happy with the bookings. So far so good - BUT b.com pay me monthly, at least a month, often nearly 2, after the stay. On the purchase date, they will "remove my bank details from the site" so all payments will go to the new owner, which will, for a month at least, be almost entirely due to me for stays during my ownership. They "will not split the payment". Is this even legal? (in the uk) I have in writing "you will be paid for this booking on x date" so how can they then transfer it to someone else? (I do not entirely trust the prospective new owner to hand over the money)
jafa

Post by jafa »

Than get the new owner to pay you on completion and have it held by your solicitor until you get paid.
Jafa
CSE

Post by CSE »

What has Booking.com said? Will they not pay you for the months you are in control?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Annew

Post by Annew »

I'm in a similar situation - currently on the market with quite a lot of forward bookings.

My solicitor has given me lots of sound advice but transfer of monies should be included in your contract with your buyer (if you are selling your holiday let as business - as I am)

Split payments are fine and will be specified in the contract - I am expecting to keep deposits, but legally I have to pass balances to the buyer for bookings after completion - not sure about the other way round though. My buyer's contract will be with me, not any third party website or OTA that might be handling rentals.

If it's a second home you are selling, maybe things might be different and I'm not sure what the answer is to your problem, but your solicitor should know.

Best of luck
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!