longer holiday let - Procing?

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
morse57

longer holiday let - Procing?

Post by morse57 »

Hi all

We have been asked to give a quote for a 3 month let of our quad house over summer which is great, but we have no idea what reduction on our standard weekly rates we should work around. Also, is it practical to set a rate withoiut including utilities and get pricing at the end from Iberdrola and Emuasa or is it better to include them, risking high electricity charges if the aircon is abused?
Your thoughts will be very welcome.

Thanks
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Can’t help in any other way than to quietly urge you to do due diligence and make sure this is not a scam enquiry.
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

We take the odd longer let in the winter, we drop the rate but ask them to pay the electricity costs. We do this in the winter as bookings can be limited so it makes sense. Is the summer a busy time for you? I would not want to drop my prices too much at a time when I know I can get good bookings.
morse57

Thanks

Post by morse57 »

Thank you both for your helpful responses.
Any others will still be welcome just so we get a broad perspective.

Thanks
MiniMum

Post by MiniMum »

Definitely as ianh100 said: if you can get summer bookings, I would not drop the rate too much. You still have to do cleaning/linen change etc throughout the booking, if only to check on the state of the house so you don't get a surprise after 3 months. In which case, if you normally include electricity, keep it the same.

But also as Zebedee advises: I was told that long term summer lets should ring alarm bells - either as a scam or that someone could be an "agent", subletting your place for more than your weekly rate.

Good luck - it could be genuine!
morse57

Post by morse57 »

Thank you for your valuable thoughts, Minimum
angela59

Post by angela59 »

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:32 pm Post subject: longer holiday let - Procing?
Hi all

We have been asked to give a quote for a 3 month let of our quad house over summer which is great, but we have no idea what reduction on our standard weekly rates we should work around. Also, is it practical to set a rate withoiut including utilities and get pricing at the end from Iberdrola and Emuasa or is it better to include them, risking high electricity charges if the aircon is abused?
Your thoughts will be very welcome.

From my own experience you would make more money by letting weekly in summer months than you would a long term let of 3 months. If you do are doing a longterm let of 3 months, I would get the guests to pay for the water and electric, you forward bills to them and they pay into your bank account. Hope this is of help.
Angela59
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

That is an unusual request. It would set alarm bells ringing for me.
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

I once did a long summer let at a discount price. Guests were an absolute nightmare and I had them for c 7 weeks. Biggest mistake ever, I should have stuck with the regular 1 or 2 weekers.

Winter long lets no problem, just net price plus utililities. Long summer lets I smell a scam. Once bitten twice shy.