Advice on Towels

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Berty24

Advice on Towels

Post by Berty24 »

Where is the best place to buy bath towels and how often should I replace them (I get about 26 weeks rental a year and each set gets used every other week). I initially bought the towels from John Lewis, in different colours, and after three years they have faded, but still good quality. However one guest has complained they look a bit tired and I am happy to replace them. Has anyone used Absolute website, I can buy 24 bath towels for £114 or can recommend where to get them

Any other tips on Towels greatly appreciated
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Have a look at this

viewtopic.php?t=27314&postdays=0&postor ... ls&start=0

I decided to replace all my towels and their colour last winter. It can be difficult to chose something on line as you can’t feel the quality.
I read reviews which put me off some companies and others were very expensive when you are purchasing 3 household sets.

I went in the end with Out of Eden, because they finish all the edges to stop fraying.
The cleaner likes the new choice of colour. They have’t fluffed up quite as much as I would have liked but do the job well enough when we are staying st the property,
I would look out for sales and offers if you can and have the time.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

I used to use Lilliput Textiles for all bedding and towels. They are based in the West Country and I think they have premises you can visit (a shop or warehouse?) so you could go and stroke the towels!

Otherwise, I've used Out of Eden for bed linen and been very happy although not used their towels.

My Lilliput towels have been in service for many years and been very tolerant of bleaching (they are white) etc. after misuse and abuse ……………….
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Another vote for Out of Eden...I bought new towels from them last year and am very pleased with them. The quality is nice but they are light enough to wash and dry reasonably quickly. I chose a darker colour so they don't stain as much.
Nuthatch

Post by Nuthatch »

If you're in the UK then Dunelm has a good selection (particularly their Egyptian cotton & Hotel ranges)- in fact they're quite good for all sorts of household stuff too.