Here's a bit of AirBnB Bollocks

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Stewart

Here's a bit of AirBnB Bollocks

Post by Stewart »

Guest gives us a private 5/5 over all categories and posts a public facing 4/5. How is that even possible? Not that I'm arsed but is there a route to communicate with a real life employee about the illogicality of it all.
Brockles

Post by Brockles »

I started with AirBnB at the end of 2018. The second guest clicked in the middle of the first rating box (Overall Rating). He had assumed that this was the entry click to go to reviews, but in fact it registered as 3 stars overall. He then proceeded to write an excellent review and clicked 5 stars in every category.

It seems that AirBnB can't see that 100% 5 stars in every category does not equal 3 stars overall. After 7 bookings (6 x 5 stars plus this erroneous 1 x 3 star) I am apparently not eligible for Superhost status as my average is not high enough yet.

Complete illogical - and, as you say, how do you communicate with a real person to correct the nonsense?
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Twitter always fast response.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.