Finally gone live with the new website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
isaxby

Finally gone live with the new website

Post by isaxby »

Comments/suggestions welcome

Many thanks

Ian

https://onefishermansloft.co.uk
stewart-sandeman

Post by stewart-sandeman »

Great website - excellent photos and generally has a modern look - a couple of typos to tidy up

About us has a full stop flying about 4th paragraph
on your website” .

A couple of inconsistencies with Loft and loft - see the apartment
One Fisherman’s loft

I did struggle a bit with the sleeps 2. There is a double bed and also a 3 seater sofa bed - so is it a sleeps 4 apartment? Possibly just remove the word bed from 3 seater sofa - or say that it sleeps 4?

I did find getting to the costs was a bit hard - had a really good look around as it says availability and costs on the tab but |I could not find the costs - got there eventually but may put some off - possible to make it more obvious.

hope this helps

Peter
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Sorry I really don't like your front page. The reflections and numerous boats and colours combined with the menu floating on top makes me feel ill.

If you hover over the terms and conditions link, the text disappears instead of highlighting.

Your privacy policy does not comply with GDPR as it does not have the prescribed information. I know you say you've used a 3rd party template but some of the clauses they provide have been missed out. I think you need to have the official name and address of your organisation - whether that be a limited company, partnership, or individuals as you cannot have any legal agreement with a website. You also need to include the statement on user's rights.

In addition, you cannot assume user consent for cookies anymore.

Other than this, it is a very comprehensive site and you've put a lot of work into it.
isaxby

Post by isaxby »

Hi both

Thank you for the reviews, much appreciated.

I have corrected the typos and removed "bed" (we used to sleep 4 but now only two).

Will have a look at the other comments regarding costs, GDPR, links etc.

Thanks again.

Ian
Pengman

Post by Pengman »

Hi Ian,

I think your website looks great. I'm new to LMH and about to construct a Wordpress website and am wondering which Template to use. On another post back in 2016 I think, you said you were using the 'Accelerate' template. Does your 'new' website still use Accelerate? If so, is it the free version or the pro version? Accelerate is a generic template, i.e. not specifically designed for holiday lets - if you're still using Accelerate, do you think your site suffered from it not being a template specifically designed for the industry?
I came, I saw, I bought it.
isaxby

Post by isaxby »

Hi Pengman (sorry, couldn't find your name!)

I used to use Accelerate and it was good, but I followed a course that used that theme.

I now use a theme called Ultra by Themify and it is brilliant, so much more flexibility and it has a "builder" built in which makes putting the site together so much easier.

It is a paid for theme but well worth it in my experience, their support is also brilliant.

Hope that helps, if you want to buy Ultra here is a link, I think it will get you a discount (although can't guarantee as I have never tried it before).

https://themify.me/member/aff/go/isaxby

Any other questions please let me know.

Thanks

Ian
Pengman

Post by Pengman »

Hi Ian,

Very helpful - thanks a lot. Looking at Ultra https://themify.me/themes/ultra , it comes with various 'design skins' (Agency, Restaurant, Wedding, Fitness, etc etc). There's not one that immediately jumps out at me as being the obvious one to use and adapt to holiday let usage - do you remember which one you used? Then again, you may have not used any one of these.

Graham
isaxby

Post by isaxby »

I followed a YouTube video for the initial setup, I can't remember which skin it used but I can post a link to it once I get to my pc.
Pengman

Post by Pengman »

Thanks Ian. I've gone ahead and purchased Ultra and am busy installing it. Your link didn't give me a discount, but no worries.

Graham
Pengman

Post by Pengman »

Ian,

My guess is that the YouTube video you used was this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 8Lte26BBN8 This guy uses the default skin so I guess that's what you did? No more questions after this (promise) - I just want to start going in the right direction.

Graham
isaxby

Post by isaxby »

Hi Graham

That is worth watching as well, but the one I used was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi61nWq ... e=youtu.be

It is over 3 hours long but takes you through the whole thing. I found it very good and at the end just took what I had and converted it to a holiday apartment website. Then I integrated online booking etc.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need anymore info.

Thanks

Ian
Pengman

Post by Pengman »

Hi Ian,

Thats great - thanks. Will post up the web link when I'm done.

Cheers,

Graham

PS The WP site I built last year is at www.django-band.co.uk (I'm the Graham in the band :)
Pengman

Post by Pengman »

Hi again Ian,

I doubt if you remember, but did you post up the stock images provided on the website that accompanies the video you followed and then replaced them with your own later, or did you go with your own images from the start?

Graham
Pengman

Post by Pengman »

Hi again Ian,

Well I decided to go with my own images from the start. Interesting that the latest update of the Ultra theme includes new fields that didn't exist when the nyctechclub tutorial video was shot - for the moment I'm just leaving them at their default settings.

Graham
isaxby

Post by isaxby »

Hi Graham

Sorry for the delay. I used my own images, and yes I am sure the tutorial is a little out of date but hopefully it is still useful.

Any other questions let me know, I'll try and respond a little quicker!

Thanks

Ian