Post Brexit Bookings

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
akwe-xavante

Post Brexit Bookings

Post by akwe-xavante »

Brexit Brexit Brexit... I'm sure were all getting fed up.

We've heard a lot about what might happen post brexit re overseas travel. UK citizens travelling elswhere.

Does anybody know what might happen when people visit the UK post bexit.

Will we in the UK need to check passports and visa's etc for overseas visitors booking in here in the UK?
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Nobody knows when, IF, how, what or even why Brexit is, so there's no point in asking detailed questions like this. Any answer you get can, will, might, may, should, could change tomorrow, or maybe the day after or perhaps it won't. Not even sure if tomorrow exists or will exist or has or did exist.

Mind you, I do have a brand new unopened set of Tarot cards that you're welcome to use if you really want to know anything.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Mind you, I do have a brand new unopened set of Tarot cards that you're welcome to use if you really want to know anything.
Our MPs might like to take you up on that offer. Nothing else seems to be working for them. :D :D
CSE

Post by CSE »

Brexit Brexit Brexit... I'm sure were all getting fed up.
Will we in the UK need to check passports and visa's etc for overseas visitors booking in here in the UK?
We have to collect that sort of information for ALL guests and we are in the EU. So why would it matter to you if you had too post B****t?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Drax

Re: Post Brexit Bookings

Post by Drax »

akwe-xavante wrote:Brexit Brexit Brexit... I'm sure were all getting fed up.

We've heard a lot about what might happen post brexit re overseas travel. UK citizens travelling elswhere.

I wouldn't worry too much about this if our bookings are anything to go by. We have had no 'foreign' bookings so far this year for the first time in 4years. I have also noticed there are not many foreign registered cars (tourists) driving about in our area this year, despite it being a popular tourist destination.
Perhaps foreigners are frightened of getting a hostile reception and bricks thrown at them by the English because of Brexit.
Keep your powder dry.
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

It hardly seems surprising that there are less EU (Foreign?) visitors after what Hunt (have I spelt that correctly ?), Boris, Farage, et al have been saying about those "nasty" Europeans.
They would all prefer to stay in their Stalinesque fortress than go to "Free" Britain.
What would Plato do ?
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

We’re required to collect certain information from all guests:
All serviced and self-catering accommodation premises must keep a record of all guests over the age of 16. The record should include their full name and nationality.
and we’re supposed to comply with the Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972, it’s just that it’s fallen into disuse, never enforced and has been on the cards for repeal for a few years but other matters seem to have occupied the space between the ears of government legislators. Who knows, maybe it will be revived, but as we apparently don’t want to allow Johnny Foreigner to set foot on our precious island it’s not really going to be relevant:
To comply with the Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972 you need to collect the following information from guests on their arrival:

full name
nationality.
Note: you are not legally required to take a guest's home address or contact number.
For all who are not British, Irish or Commonwealth guests:

passport number and place of issue (or other document which shows their identity and nationality)
details of their next destination (including the address, if known) on or before departure.
akwe-xavante

Post by akwe-xavante »

Thank you for the replies.

I haven't had any overseas guests yet but i did get an enquiry from a chap in Italy this last week who wanted to book the Xmas 2019 week.

Wasn't aware that we anything to do at all in the first place for guests visiting from within the EU.

I'll have to be mindful of this if i should get an overseas guests at any time.
Jonathan

Re: Post Brexit Bookings

Post by Jonathan »

akwe-xavante wrote:Brexit Brexit Brexit... I'm sure were all getting fed up.

It is currently a legal requirement in the UK to record names and passport numbers for all guests over 16 who do not hold UK, commonwealth or Irish passports. This information has to be stored for a year. This is nothing to do with Brexit.

Jonathan
akwe-xavante

Post by akwe-xavante »

It is currently a legal requirement in the UK to record names and passport numbers for all guests over 16 who do not hold UK, commonwealth or Irish passports. This information has to be stored for a year. This is nothing to do with Brexit.
Just had no idea i / we had this to do anyway. I naively thought this wasn't needed when EU visitors checked in for some reason.