Google Analytics?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Drax

Google Analytics?

Post by Drax »

Though this is not a holiday let scam there could be a linkage or I must just be a little paranoid.
In my Google Analytics account I was looking from which countries people were living who were viewing my property website.
Amongst the list of countries I noticed a viewer was based in The Gambia. I thought at the time that it seemed unusual that someone from The Gambia should be interested in a holiday home in the Yorkshire Dales but thought no more about it.
A couple of days later I received a scam TV Licence demand which seemed quite authentic. I did not 'fall for it' but could quite easily have done if the licences were due at this time.
I believe The Gambia does have a reputation for scam emails and I wonder if the scam originated from that person in The Gambia viewing my Website with my contact details email etc.
Keep your powder dry.
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you.
I would assume you are correct unless you get a firm booking from a Nigerian prince currently exiled in The Gambia. :P
What would Plato do ?