Homeaway - Potential Double booking warning!

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Homeaway - Potential Double booking warning!

Post by Sam V »

Ive had an enquiry via HA for 14 night stay this September. Im a PIMs user and always add a new enquiry to PIMs before I respond to the listing site.

On checking the dates I have realised the September dates in PIMs are already booked with two bookings!

On checking HA calendar the dates are also already booked! Clearly showing its my own bookings imported via PIMs, but there is also a warning next to the HA enquiry that they have blocked the dates until the booking is accepted or declined.

When looking directly at the HA calendar it shows dates blocked out in grey (PIMs booking accepted 2018 and Jan ‘19) and a blue line across the dates for the new enquiry. If I touch (ipad) the highlighted grey dates I get a pop-up warning

You have a pending enquiry
It looks like you already have a booking request for these dates, so you cant add an overlapping reservation. Please accept or decline the booking request.
View pending booking request.

So, in theory, I could have gone ahead and accepted this new enquiry if I had not double checked!

... now to decline.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

Oh, and on declining i get a pop-up that it will have a negative impact on my Market Rank

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

e-richard

Post by e-richard »

There was a glitch in PIMS for a short while last night where the iCal sync accidently opened up all bookings at HomeAway.

This only lasted 2 hours, was fixed and all PIMS bookings were reinstated.

I'm truly sorry that this happened, but it's definitely not an ongoing issue and would only affect those who got online bookings at OTAs between 6pm and 8pm last night.

I'd hope that a call to HA would rectify this and not penalise any owners who had to cancel double bookings. I'll happily supply any references if required.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

e-richard wrote:There was a glitch in PIMS for a short while last night where the iCal sync accidently opened up all bookings at HomeAway.

This only lasted 2 hours, was fixed and all PIMS bookings were reinstated.

I'm truly sorry that this happened, but it's definitely not an ongoing issue and would only affect those who got online bookings at OTAs between 6pm and 8pm last night.

I'd hope that a call to HA would rectify this and not penalise any owners who had to cancel double bookings. I'll happily supply any references if required.
The enquiry came through at 19:30 yesterday, so that could have been how it happened.

Ive just finished a chat with HA and he couldnt find any issues with my calendar and concluded it could be technical but Id have to take screen shots before declining. My ranking wont be affected as I have 0% cancellation rate, it only kicks in if you’ve declined several.

I would suggest anyone using PIMs who had an HA enquiry between those times should double check the calendar.