Avoiding Bookings from Deviants

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Grace LaTegola

Avoiding Bookings from Deviants

Post by Grace LaTegola »

Hello all, I live in a small annex that is joined to my property so am aware of what is going on. This allows me to deliver a high standard of service.

However the Cape Coral community has recently become one of the "go to" places for those with alternative lifestyles, and I have found two recent lets quite disturbing.

Does anyone have any tips for discouraging these types, as I do not want my property to become one of the preferred destinations.
Former Educator, now retired

VRBO421107
Martha

Post by Martha »

It's hard to comment without more detail - what are the issues? What factors are disturbing? What do you mean by 'alternative lifestyles?' or 'deviants'?
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Grace LaTegola

Post by Grace LaTegola »

VRBO421107
CarolineJ

Post by CarolineJ »

On the offchance this isn't a wind-up...I think you might have to consider that holiday letting isn't for you if you're going to object to unmarried couples.
Faint heart never won fair holiday let...
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Even with the link, I'm not sure what you mean, either - do you mean swingers, or prostitution, or something else entirely?

Either way, it seems you have the law on your side, how willing are your local law enforcers to act if you were to contact them concerning a let that makes you unconfortable? It shouldn't take too many calls from the police to discourage undesirables from visiting the area.

Another possibility, if, as your saying, the problem is increasing in your area, is to get together with other owners (remote and on site) and come up with a collective plan to discourage the 'wrong' type of guest. Perhaps set up a neighbourhood watch type group and make it clear in all literature sent out to all guests (and reinforce it within the holiday lets as well) that the area is considered, e.g.a safe, quiet area geared towards families and couples looking for a quiet holiday, with a number of holiday let owners on site to help ensure this is achieved. I have, of course, made some assumptions in the last sentence - I don't know your area - but basically what I mean is that collectively, you could come up with a theme for the area which make it look very attractive to your intended guests, and very unattractive to the ones you don't want around.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

First thing I suggest you do is change the background music on your video - sends the wrong message!
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

+1
Drax

Post by Drax »

[quote="CarolineJ"]On the offchance this isn't a wind-up...

I suspect this is 'a wind-up'.
Keep your powder dry.
Grace LaTegola

Thank you!

Post by Grace LaTegola »

Thank you Ecosse some useful input there and food for thought - much appreciated!

VRBO421107