Golf buggy issues?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
KathyG

Golf buggy issues?

Post by KathyG »

We've just bought a golf buggy for the house in France, it'll be great for getting the oldies and food/wine down to the picnic area down by the water. We will be letting guests use it and are only now thinking about Health & Safety etc :roll: . First thing I think we absolutely must do is limit its speed to walking pace, it's currently 12mph. It'll be an optional free extra but we will be taking a separate deposit for it of about £200. So, does anyone else have a golf buggy that guests use? Anything else I should take into account?
I'm waiting for the insurance underwriters to get back to us with a possible quote.
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

we have a petrol golf buggy for ferrying stuff around the site...it is strictly for our own use & that of friends here helping us...no way would we let guests use it...had enough trouble with bikes, & if it is allowed to get low on fuel it can cause all sorts of problems.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

We're still dithering about whether to let them have access or not..... :roll:
Kathy
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

think of it another way - would you let them use your ride-on lawn mower
LotBoy47

Post by LotBoy47 »

Unless you want it to end up in the water, don’t let guests use it.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Would your insurance cover you for any injuries, even if the guests were careless? Or any damage to someone else’s property?

(I hate the way we have to think through the litigation issues, but it is important).
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

We've discovered that our insurance company will not cover it while it's in use! Nor will they cover it from 11pm-7am unless taken from a locked garage, or mechanical, electrical or breakdown of any kind. :roll: Not much point in insuring it at all!
Kathy